Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Re: Santander otp not being received

Hi @Holljc 

It works now. Randomly just started working after losing signal for like a second after a few days. All of the texts then started coming through. 

The customer service team are the worst and will say anything to get you off the phone. The tech team on social media are so much more helpful. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Santander otp not being received

I believe it's only being fixed on an individual basis.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Re: not receiving barclays verification code

It is EE that is the problem. I spent ages being passed backwards and forward between EE and financial institutions to try and get this sorted

Phone EE and ask them to allow ALL marketing and any other “helpful” barring service they have with your number. They give you a scary warning about having unsolicited calls but ignore them and have them all removed. Then within 24 hours you should start getting your texts. 

Im yet to receive anything unsolicited but I do have contact with my bank.     

Good luck 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Can't receive Santander OTP code on iPhone please help!

Hi @Holljc,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can get this sorted for you.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Cant receive verification texts from Barclays Bank. Ported from O2.

I’ve ported my old number over from O2 iphone, used the same number for mobile banking for years. Trying to access Barclays mobile banking app using same number on iPhone XR on EE, requests verification code sent by text. No text arrives. Both EE and Barclays have been no help at all and blame each other. Called both today, they tell me to wait 24 hours to see if it works then, but been trying for last 6 days! Need help. Thanks.

Highlighted
by

Re: Cant receive verification texts from Barclays Bank. Ported from O2.

Afternoon @Marky_Markz

Thanks for coming to the community.

I would like to help you with this and have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Thanks.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Leanne. I found this on another post which may help resolve my issue. I was told by the EE help desk that my phone was ported correctly and should be receiving  the messages, but this might be the issue. 

939FF637-A755-4993-A0CF-485111FE9243.png

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It has nowt to do with EE's marketing options. How can it? They only control what EE sends out, not what others send.

I believe it's EE's text spam filters finding false-positives on certain legitimate constructs in bank's verification code texts. Funny it doesn't happen so much to those long-time with EE with their online banking. Yet EE is doing nowt in fixing it overall.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

After 2 calls to EE and 3 calls to Barclays, I was finally given a verification code verbally by a ‘level 2 technician’ at Barclays. I am now able to use the banking app, but I’m no closer to figuring out why I can’t  receive verification / automated texts. Barclays seem to be aware of the issue as do EE, and it seems to be most common with people coming from O2 to EE. I’m told it’s being looked in to. 

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

1. It would make no logical or rational sense for EE to make the receiving of verification codes via text more difficult for new customers than for longterm customers. So, I'd not blame the new telephone company without evidence.

2. If the first and second requests both fail, don't request more. They'll either both come through or neither will. And only the last requested one will work anyway.

3. Consider getting the codes via email if via text continues to fail longterm - if possible. 

Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Bus stop text

I have been charged for texting for TFL bus information at a bus stop as this isn’t included in my text messages allowance.

and

Although it shows as service calls made with 0 mins used. I understand this isn’t included in my text allowance and wanted to be sure that these texts / service isn’t one that is a constant charge.

How do I block these text services  and after using them once. I take it it would only charge me per instance. Eg: I haven’t signed up to a reacurring charge?

Or do I have to contact EE to stop these texts being able to be sent from my account??

many thanks

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Bus stop text

These are Premium Rate services not included in any allowance. How much were you charged? I would expect it to be just the standard rate text charge of 15p.

As you texted it it will only charge you per instance. You never explicitly opted-in to a subscription.

This is just like the nos. you see on some parking meters & nos used in TV voting competitions.

You can stop it happening again by just never texting it. On contract you could try unticking the Premium Rate marker in your MyEE.

Highlighted
by

Good Morning @richyrichy.

As @XRaySpeX has mentioned, it may be worth logging into your MyEE Account and disabling the premium rate service.

Jon

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I'd expect it to cost 15p for the text and 12p for the reply if the info is correct.

From TfL:

Texts cost the standard network rate, plus a 12p charge to receive the response

I think TfL can be trusted more than most premium providers. Also if it was recurring, EE would make you confirm you wanted to sign up.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Cant receive verification code

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Cant receive verification code

Hi @nicksimms 

have you recently ported from another network at all?

Highlighted
by
EE Community Team

Re: Cant receive verification code

Hi @nicksimms,

Are you still experiencing this issue this morning?

When you get a chance if you could get back to @Watkins07 so we have some further information 🙂

Is it one particular company your not receiving this from? 

Alex 🙂

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I'm having problems recieving my OTP codes from Santander.

Recently ported my number over from o2 to ee and trying to set up my online banking app with Santander. Need an OTP to set up but phone isnt receiving. Ee say it's the bank but the bank saying its ee !!! Nobody wants to help

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I'm having problems recieving my OTP codes from Santander.

@crazylilemma   Actually neither its a fault what has happened, some of the files in your number port have become corrupted and EE need to raise a ticket with O2 so they can process your number port again.  call the mobile care team and hopefully you’ll get someone who knows how to deal with this. 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Re: I'm having problems recieving my OTP codes from Santander.

Thank you I will try this !

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions