by wackywelshbird Investigator
Investigator

Re: bank varifications

Bank with barclays and have not changed provider. :smileyhappy Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: bank varifications

Thanks for coming back to us, @wackywelshbird.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

by User14
Visitor

santander otp codes

Hello,

i have been on 02 for 11 years. I moved to EE for the first time.

I have kept the same number I had with 02 took a few days to transfer.

i have the Santander and Tesco banking app on my phone. They both won’t work because the otp code cannot send to my number. If never had this before but have noticed this is a massive issue with EE.

i bought the phone from car phone warehouse. 

Iv called EE, Santander, Tesco and Caroline warehouse about this problem. Also been into EE, Santander and Carphone warehouse about this problem.

they all blame each other and pie me off.

iv googled for hours about this problem and Iv, rebooted my phone, had a new sim from EE, deleted the apps and downloaded them again. Gone into Santander and changed the number to the same one. Iv also spoken to Tesco who have said this is a common problem with people on EE.

after 7 calls with EE and them telling me to check the number on my phone (which is correct) reset network setting on my phone, any many other scenarios nothing is worked.

my 8th call to EE I was told that EE had blocked all security codes coming from banks due to security reasons. This apparently is a new thing that’s just happened.

The problem I now have is I’m stuck in a 24 month contract I can’t access my online banking which I need every day and I wish I never left 02! 

If anyone has any advice for me please let me know as I’m desperate many thanks!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: santander otp codes

@User14 wrote:

Tesco who have said this is a common problem with people on EE.

Too true! It is! Usually those porting in from O2.

It's EE's text spam filters finding false-positives on certain legitimate constructs in bank's verification code texts. Funny it doesn't happen so much to those long-time with EE with their online banking. Yet EE is doing nowt in fixing it overall.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by johnny_green
Explorer

Re: not receiving barclays verification code

EE customer service did something’s there end and after about a week things came right. It is definitely to do with EE and no one else.

Good luck.
by David789 Investigator
Investigator

Cannot receive any OTP

HI, I cannot receive any SMS one time passwords on my iPhone 6s Plus newly purchased with new EE SIM. Worked fine with Android. Have tried OTP form two sources - no SMS! Any ideas?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cannot receive any OTP

@David789 : Did you port your no. in from O2?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by David789 Investigator
Investigator

No EE

by

Good Morning @David789.

Did you take a new number with your new SIM or have you ported your number in from another network?

Can you receive normal texts?

Jon

Highlighted
by davey_b
Explorer

Cannot receive sms from multiple sources after switching to sim only account

Hi team,

I've read through similar postings on this topic but I haven't found any that cover my specific issue. I have been a customer of EE for many years, and recently switched to sim only as I purchased a new handset. Since putting my original SIM in my new handset, I am no longer receiving SMS messages from multiple sources - in particular, the verification code to set up internet banking (HSBC) is not coming through, which is obviously a significant issue for me. 

I have rebooted the phone several times, I have tried disabling iMessage (the handset is an iPhone Xs) and nothing is working.

Please let me know how I can resolve this - the only thing that has changed is the handset, my number (indeed my SIM card) are the same and they were working fine on my original handset.

thanks

David.

by

Re: Cannot receive sms from multiple sources after switching to sim only account

Good Morning @davey_b.

Welcome to the community 🙂

Are you able to receive standard text messages?

Have you reported this with our technical care team?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by David789 Investigator
Investigator

All sorted now, not sure what was happening - a glitch in SIM changeover??

by David789 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your help ....

by

That's great @David789!

It possibly just took a little bit of time to settle, but thanks for letting us know you're all sorted 🙂

Come back to the community any time.

Jon

by davey_b
Explorer

Re: Cannot receive sms from multiple sources after switching to sim only account

Hi Katie,

I can receive standard text messages, and some verification texts have come through; I had to get HSBC to verify via post as theirs definitely weren't coming through to my phone.

I haven't yet reported it to technical care, I was hoping it was a simple solution I could apply myself (I tried restarting the phone and disabling/enabling iMessage but that doesn't seem to have made any difference).

I will raise a case with technical care now.

thanks again

davey_b.

by

Thanks for coming back to us @davey_b

Please keep me updated with how you get on, 

Katie 🙂

by LJW1
Explorer

I cannot receive verification codes (via SMS) to my new phone.

I took out a contract last week with EE and ported over my existing number to my new device (iPhone XS). After a few days this was completed successfully, however I am unable to receive verification codes (whatsapp, banking apps etc) via sms to my phone. I have contacted EE several times and have been told that it is a security and fraud prevention measure, but there is nothing they can do. I find this pretty baffling as looking online it is a issue experienced by numerous customers - when I pointed this out to the tech support worker I was on the phone to he denied that there was an ongoing issue and again said that there was nothing he could do. I struggle to understand how this is an issue that cannot be resolved, given that it is a problem with the network if certain sms messages are being blocked from my phone. I require these codes so I can use my phone for my work, so if anybody could help me it would be massively appreciated. Thank you. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I cannot receive verification codes (via SMS) to my new phone.

@LJW1 : Did you port over from O2? This seems to occur mainly with those ports.

I believe it's EE's text spam filters finding false-positives on certain legitimate constructs in bank's verification code texts. Funny it doesn't happen so much to those long-time with EE with their online banking. Yet EE is doing nowt in fixing it overall.

by

Hi @LJW1.

Welcome to the community 🙂

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Jon

by LJW1
Explorer

Hi @XRaySpeX 

It was O2 yes. Having looked around online and on this forum in particular it's apparent that it is often coming from O2 that is the issue. I've contacted the individual code vendors (as instructed by EE customer service), but can't get anywhere with it. 

I just hope it can be resolved otherwise I'm left with no alternative than to switch networks. I've been told that I'm getting a call back to look into the issue, but I don't see how I can be told anything new after several phone calls to tech and customer support. 
Feeling pretty let down so far to be honest. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions