by msquared
Explorer

Re: not receiving barclays verification code

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same thing, however I've been a long standing EE customer (on a business account) so not a porting customer. I've had to have my phone reset recently so hence lost access to both Barclays & Barclaycard app (again) as unable to receive verification code. The first time this happened I spoke to a few people in Barclays who eventually were able to read out the code to me, explaining beforehand that there is a known issue between Barclays & EE. However Barclaycard use a different system and couldn't read it out they had to escalate to technical support and that evening I received both verification codes from Barclays & Barclaycard so I would advise ringing them to sort it. I now have the same issue as had to have my phone reset, I was hoping this issue would have been resolved by now, if it is EE security settings then surely these can be updated to allow legitimate commercial like banking texts through??

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @msquared.

Welcome to the community 🙂

I'm glad you managed to work around this once before.

Have you spoken to our technical support team about this?

They will have access to your account to make sure everything is set up for you.

Jon

by msquared
Explorer

I spoke to Orange Corporate tech support (as we still have an Orange business account) this morning, they explained that security settings had been implemented nearly 6 months ago to prevent text spam and had requested that banks make some changes on their side to ensure continuity of service to their customers. He sent me an email with the settings that Barclays need to implement. So eventually got thro to Barclays tech support they eventually managed to send me the code via text, they were fully aware of the issue with EE customers but the person I spoke to was not so aware of the security changes which I emailed to him. However I'm not convinced this won't happen again. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, yes! So it was never the marketing preferences, neither for EE's marketing or that of other firms, that was much bandied around as the reason for this, but spam filters that EE had introduced at their SMS gateways.

Much as I thought :)!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

I'm glad you got to the bottom of this @msquared!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us 🙂

Jon

by johnny_green
Explorer

Hi Chris

I'm also having this same problem.....super frustrating. Online chat seem unable to help. Are you able to help me?

Thanks

John

by

Hi @johnny_green.

Welcome to the community 🙂

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you. 

Please take a look and get back to me.

Jon

by Mazza97

Still seems this is a problem, I'm not getting verification emails from either of my Banks (Barclays or First Direct) is there not an option in my business profile where I can try the marketing txt thing manually before I spend to long of my life on the phone to customer services.

by

Hi @Mazza97,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Sorry, it's not possible to change your marketing preferences via My EE.

You can chat with technical support via our get in touch page. They'll be happy to help.

Thanks

James

by Rob0
Visitor

Barclays and Tesco Banking

2 days ago I upgraded my phone as my 2 year contract was nearly finished. Since then I have been unable to receive the verification text messages from both my banks. I have been on the phone to multiple people at tesco, Barclays and EE but I'm going round in circles and getting nowhere. The level 2 tech team investigated this and I was told it was down to Tesco using an American server and that they needed to change some settings. Of course I rang Tesco banking but they had no idea what I was talking about. Please help !!

by

Re: Barclays and Tesco Banking

Good Morning @Rob0.

Welcome to the community.

I'd recommend getting back in touch with our tech care team.

Since the issue has only started after you upgraded, its more likely that something needs to be updated in your account.

Jon

by JordanBicker
Visitor

Not recieving bank texts

I've recently ported my number from an O2 pay monthly sim to a new EE pay monthly sim and phone contract combo. However, since the number port has been completed I haven't been able to receive verification texts from my bank when purchasing online shopping or when trying to set up new apps on my phone (i.e. airtime rewards). Does anyone know if this is because I kept my number or if it can be sorted? 

by

Re: Not recieving bank texts

Good Morning @JordanBicker

When did your port complete?

Do you know if you have a marketing bar on your account? 

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by Rachelrebecca
Visitor

I've read through this whole thread and tried most of the suggestions.

I've been with EE since 2015 but have just changed phones from Galaxy S8 to an S9 and now I can't receive the Barclays verifictaion message.

I've called Barcalys and they can see that the messages have been sent and they said it's EE's problem. I been into 2 EE stores - the first was more interested in selling me a new package. The second said they've never heard of this and it might be because the barclays pay app doesn't work on android??

Can you help. I need the app for buisness!!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Not recieving bank texts

Yes, there are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the bank, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by MrGimper Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

My issue was resolved by contacting Customer Services over the phone and asking for the Marketing messages to be unblocked. It is well-known now that it is EE's SMS spam blocking that is causing the messages to be blocked. Asking for this block to be removed, referred to as allowing marketing messages, will enabled you to receive the SMS verification messages. It may take 24/48 hours for it to kick in, so once you have spoken to CS and had confimation of the change, you will need to just be a little bit more patient, and then you will suddently get all the messages that have backed up in the queue.

Hope that helps

by pcrtp Investigator
Investigator

Not receiving bank messages codes

I've recently ported my number from Three pay monthly contract to a new EE pay monthly sim. However, since the number port has been completed (Three provide the PAC) I haven't been able to receive verification texts from my bank when purchasing online or when trying to set up new apps on my phone. While in Three network I never got this kind of issues. Does anyone know if this is because I kept my number or if it can be sorted? Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Not receiving bank messages codes

There are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the bank, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

by

Good Morning @pcrtp.

I'd recommend reporting this to our Tech Gurus so they can look into it for you and check the port status.

As @XRaySpeX mentioned, sometimes the bank can verbally give you a code if you need it immediately.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Jon

by pcrtp Investigator
Investigator

Hi, Thanks for the advice.

Talk with EE Tech Guru moments ago and the answer is that I need to contact my bank to solve the problem. I was told that the Network legislation does not allow that bank text to be received. I also ask to check if my portability was completed done, the answer was yes.

I need to get the messages. With my last network, provide everything worked ok.

Thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions