by Leegion Contributor
Contributor

Re: not receiving barclays verification code

Nope. Went though loads of trouble shooting but I’d already done everything they suggested. They released a content lock and i waited 24 hours and nothing changed. I cntvated them again and they said nothing else they could do, ive now been escalated to level 2 but that was 24 hours ago and I’m still waiting to hear from them. I felt a little more forgiving yesterday because I was under the impression I was the first ever person to experience this, but now I see it’s a common issue I don’t understand why there isn’t a fix! 

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Leegion,

A simple change of account settings is resolving this issue for most people.

Our teams are looking into those account like your own where this is not fixing it straight away.

If the level 2 teams have raised a ticket they will keep in touch with our directly with any updates.

Alex

by Leegion Contributor
Contributor

Realistically How long do I have to wait for this to be resolved? This issue was escalated yesterday and the code of practice sent to me via text (ironically) states that they can take up to 8 weeks ! 

by Leegion Contributor
Contributor

@Alex_S wrote:

Hi @Leegion,

A simple change of account settings is resolving this issue for most people.

Our teams are looking into those account like your own where this is not fixing it straight away.

If the level 2 teams have raised a ticket they will keep in touch with our directly with any updates.

Alex

If it’s that simple why don’t they just do it as standard on transfer? Why wait to ruffle customers feathers and make the transfer process a nightmare? 

by Leegion Contributor
Contributor

Update: EE team rang me. Apparently EE have changed their security settings and the number that some banks are sending their texts from is not being recognised by these new security settings being treated as spam and being blocked. 

Apperently the bank has to update their 3PGG settings so that they are recognised by the network. Until this happens the texts will never get through. 

So basically, this problem cannot be resolved. Apparently we all need to get in touch with our banks and encourage them to update their 3PGG settings 🙄🙄🙄

I feel cheated. I now have a better model phone with less functionality that my previous phone on another network. So basically I have a mobile land line which is mobile. 😡😡

by MrGimper Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Leegion I had my issue investigated by tier 2 and had a call about 13:00 Friday to tell me the same bad news. Then, almost magically, mine started working about an hour later. I received about 10 Apple Pay activation SMS from Lloyd’s, and some other informational SMS. Still all working now. 

by Leegion Contributor
Contributor

@MrGimper wrote:

@Leegion I had my issue investigated by tier 2 and had a call about 13:00 Friday to tell me the same bad news. Then, almost magically, mine started working about an hour later. I received about 10 Apple Pay activation SMS from Lloyd’s, and some other informational SMS. Still all working now. 

Well I shall live I hope but 24hours later I still have no access to any of my financial information 😓😓😓

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Leegion.

Keep us updated with your progress, fingers crossed this will be working for you soon.

Jon

by Walli09
Visitor

I’m having the same issue. It’s driving me up the wall. Im not getting verification texts through from HSBC or Barclaycard since I transferred my number from O2. This has been going on for 2 weeks.

I rang Barclaycard assuming it was a problem at their end. They confirmed they had the correct number for me and the messages are being sent from their end. I’ve spoken to EE several times over the last week and after trying a few things on my phone which I’d already done it’s still not working. I’ve basically been told it’s the banks fault and they must have the wrong number. So that’s it then? “Not our problem.”

Wish I’d never transferred over.

by Leegion Contributor
Contributor

@Walli09 wrote:

I’m having the same issue. It’s driving me up the wall. Im not getting verification texts through from HSBC or Barclaycard since I transferred my number from O2. This has been going on for 2 weeks.

I rang Barclaycard assuming it was a problem at their end. They confirmed they had the correct number for me and the messages are being sent from their end. I’ve spoken to EE several times over the last week and after trying a few things on my phone which I’d already done it’s still not working. I’ve basically been told it’s the banks fault and they must have the wrong number. So that’s it then? “Not our problem.”

Wish I’d never transferred over.

I genuinely feel your pain. 

I currently have barcleys reinvestigating, I’ve been sat in branch for over an hour this morning-they say they’ve never experienced anything like it! 

I have contacted first direct /hsbc to see if they can see if the problem is their end as stated by EE. Although I feel that EE is the common denominator. I can’t understand why they change security settings that don’t allow genuine texts through. I’ve lost a lot of functionality of my bank accounts as I receive text alerts etc. 

I feel like EE don’t really care. 

I’d  rather they lifted my security settings and have spam texts so I can get these bloody verification codes -I am more than capable of sorting the wheat from the chaff 

I feel really let down by EE, it’s a good job I’m not charging them for the time I’m using trying to sort this out because they’ve done bugger all!  😡😡

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Walli09 wrote:

I’ve basically been told it’s the banks fault

It's unbelievable that every time a user changes network (with the same no), of which the banks will be completely unaware, EE expects the banks to change something at their end. It just does not make sense.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Leegion Contributor
Contributor

36DBAE50-2533-431E-B2C0-6490495F52BC.jpeg

So yesterday I rang and asked them to remove ANY marketing blocks I had on my phone and I received the above message. 

Today i I received millions of texts off my banks. Yaaay! 

give them another ring guys and then to lift any blocks off marketing texts 

keeping my fingers crossed for you all  xxx

by armandvanhelden
Visitor

i had the same problem after porting from O2 to EE. 2-step SMS verification messages didn't come through (apps: Barclaycard, Tesco Bank, Yolt, Uber, WeChat, BT Sport). Personal SMSs worked fine.

I requested on livechat to ask them to 'change my marketing preferences to active' (i.e. allow marketing texts/lift any blocks) and about 36 hours later (they said to wait 24h) all the texts started coming through, and other apps worked as well.

So it worked - but be patient! 

Highlighted
by maionline Contributor
Contributor

Mine have come through as well. Took a few chats on live chat to get it sorted

by Zoed99
Visitor

Hi, 

I’m also experiencing the same problem. Are you able to help?

thanks 

by

Hi @Zoed99

Welcome the community. 🙂

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Chris

by ScottD1983
Visitor

Hi

I am having the exact same issue that others have described on here. Moved from O2 to EE and not getting any SMS codes from Barclays or Yorkshire Bank. 

@Christopher_G Can I have a DM please to get this resolved?

Thanks

Scott

by

Good Morning @ScottD1983

Welcome to the community. 

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Katie 🙂

by Acf
Visitor

Why can't I get text messages from my bank

I recently transferred from O2 and am trying to get my online banking set up I've spoken to the bank as I was not receiving my text with the code and they say it should be getting through as they aren't getting notification of failed texts so I'm stuck

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can't I get text messages from my bank

@Acf: Yes, there are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the bank, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.