by Gfagan Investigator
Investigator

When receiving texts, it is coming up with no subject, message size and expiry.

When receiving texts, it is coming up with no subject, message size and expiry. When pressing the message it states failed to download multi media message, try again later.  How can I fix this? Usually I get another text to login and view several days later

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: When receiving texts, it is coming up with no subject, message size and exp

Why? Do you expect these? What phone it it? I don't get them on my Samsung for ordinary texts.

Are you talking about the notification texts telling you have an MMS awaiting you?

Try downloading the MMS settings needed from the online set up tool.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Gfagan Investigator
Investigator

It's an s7, whenever someone sends a picture I get the message.  I have tried the link but cannot see the s7 from the drop down option

by Gfagan Investigator
Investigator

It's an Samsung galaxy s7, whenever someone sends a picture I get the message.  I have tried the link but cannot see the s7 from the drop down option

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

The Samsung SM-G930F Galaxy S7 is in the list a long way down.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Gfagan :). 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you receive these messages?

Speak soon, Katie 

by Gfagan Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I have also set up picture messaging via the link in the previous post but the text I received is still not showing 

by

Thank you for confirming this @Gfagan

I have sent you a private message for further information, please take a look and get back to me :),

Katie

by OldNic
Explorer

Tried the link in earlier post but it doesn't appear to do anything???  Have Galaxy S8 and have never been able to receive anything more than texts.  Always have to request other stuff via WhatsApp.  Please advise solution.  Many thanks 

by

Good Morning @OldNic.

Welcome to the community.

Did the link take you to a page with instructions on telling you how to set up MMS messaging?

What happens when someone tries to send you a picture message?

Jon

by OldNic
Explorer

Hi Jon, 

Thanks for reply, have since managed to get working page and completed install so hopefully all good now.

Thanks again, Nic

by

That's great @OldNic!

Thanks for coming back to let us know 🙂

Jon

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.