Highlighted
by Wendy62
Explorer

Unknown Text Number

Hi does anyone know about text number 66777 that I've been charged for or something similar?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unknown Text Number

These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

The PSA has the following information about the shortcode number below:-

Customer care number 0845 009 3180

Customer care email support@txtlocal.com

Customer care website Txtlocal Ltd. has not provided this information

Search result provided by Txtlocal Ltd.

Service connected on 20 September 2011

Service terminated on This service is still operating

Name of service Txtlocal Ltd.

Type of service Information

Service description For more information please see www.textlocal.com

How much does this service cost? For more information please see www.textlocal.com

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider below.

Txtlocal Ltd.
TxtLocal Ltd
Aldford House
Bell Meadow Business Park
Chester
CH4 9EP
United Kingdom

You could try texting STOP to the number, but it may cost and may not work. 

If on contract, you should also text BAR to 150 to block Premium Rate numbers so this doesn't happen in future.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Wendy62 it's one of many short numbers that companies can sign up to use / pay to use. Companies can bulk send out ads, etc. If you text back to this or a similar short number you will be charged at a premium rate. Be careful to read the small print.

http://textblue.net/?page=bulk_sms_text_marketing

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

The PSA has the following information about the shortcode number below:-

Customer care number 0845 009 3180

Customer care email support@txtlocal.com

Customer care website Txtlocal Ltd. has not provided this information

Search result provided by Txtlocal Ltd.

Service connected on 20 September 2011

Service terminated on This service is still operating

Name of service Txtlocal Ltd.

Type of service Information

Service description For more information please see www.textlocal.com

How much does this service cost? For more information please see www.textlocal.com

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider below.

Txtlocal Ltd.
TxtLocal Ltd
Aldford House
Bell Meadow Business Park
Chester
CH4 9EP
United Kingdom

You could try texting STOP to the number, but it may cost and may not work. 

If on contract, you should also text BAR to 150 to block Premium Rate numbers so this doesn't happen in future.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Wendy62
Explorer

Thank you for the advice I have managed to look back through my texts on my laptop (having deleted off my phone) and found a text from a Nissan garage and it said text 66777 to stop these texts. So I did and thats what the charge is. I won't be doing that again!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.