by pbanks
Explorer

Unable to receive confirmation texts for transfers from my Portuguese bank

My Portuguese bank, Santander Totta, has recently introduced an SMS confirmation system for bank transfers. I am unable to receive these.  I have contacted both my bank and EE  Nobody is interested in helping me solve the problem.  So change my network or change my bank seemed to be the only solutions.

I therefore decided to buy a phone/SIM and employ a different network for exclusive use on the SMS problem.  Guess what?  To change my contact number  for the bank SMS, I need to receive a confirmation text on the old number.  Catch 22.

I then tried to make the transfer by phone.  The bank charges a huge rate for this but as a one-off I was willing to pay.  However, after 4 hours of trying to get somebody to pick up a phone, I gave up.

As the situation has left me up the proverbial creek, i have had to book a flight to Portugal in order to pay my creditors with cash.  In fact, my bank charge so much for manual transfers that this is almost cost effective if I can batch them.

So, does anyone know a network which will receive confirmation texts from abroad in the event that I can somehow register a new number?  Or does anyone know a Portuguese bank which uses a different confirmation system such as email.  Or who actually answers their phone?

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unable to receive confirmation texts for transfers from my Portuguese bank

Hello @pbanks

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you transferred your number from another network to EE?

Do you know if your bank has a charge to receive these texts?

Also are you with us on pay as you go or pay monthly?

Speak soon.

Leanne.

by pbanks
Explorer

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for the welcome.

I transferred my number about a year ago.

I do not know if the bank charges for the texts  - perhaps it is part of the fee they charge for each transfer.

I pay monthly,

Regards,

P

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @pbanks

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions