by StevEE64 Investigator
Investigator

Texts regarding photos/videos

I keep getting hoax texts from 

contacts that I know are incapable of sending photos or videos. They say they are sent from EE and supply a link with a password ? They get sent in phases and I know my friends , family are not sending them !

3 REPLIES 3
by StevEE64 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Texts regarding photos/videos

The people including my Dad are not big text writers . My Dad is the old school, one word replies and answers. If he writes more than 3 words I would need resuscitating ha! Thanks for reply though!
Steve

Get Outlook for iOS
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @StevEE64

Welcome to the community. 

It's possible that your contacts could be sending you a long text message that has converted to MMS (multimedia message).

If you set up your phone for multimedia messaging, it'll make sure the intended message comes through.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

A simple emoticon, like :), is enough to turn a text into an MMS. It doesn't need to be long.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions