cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts over wifi calling

Klari122
Investigator
Investigator

I use wifi calling as don't have signal where I live. Have no problems making and receiving ordinary texts but don't seem to get any automated verification codes that sent from banks ect .I use a Samsung a40 and have spoke with Samsung who tell me I should be able to but maybe EE are not allowing it in their wifi calling is this correct?

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Klari122 

The ability to send & receive texts over WiFi is something that is fully supported on EE, which some other providers don't offer - so that's not the issue.

Two things to check for elimination purposes then... 1: Can you send & receive other texts (between phones) over WiFi? 2: Can you receive these verification texts over the mobile signal?

EE certainly have no reason to stop or block these texts, but do you have any specific examples of senders that are affected? Either particular companies or shortcode numbers?

An old thread but still a problem for me when signing in to Government Gateway.

Regular SMS messages are received over WiFi calling OK but when logging in to GG I have to jump in the car, drive up the road to get a signal, pick up the OTP via SMS then get back in time to enter it before it expires!

This happens every time and only with GG logins.

Hi @berniej ,

Do you receive any cellular signal at all in your location?

Although it would be very inconvenient, does disabling WiFi calling for the duration of receiving that SMS help at all? Or is this blocked by lack of cellular signal?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net