by BodrumBodrum Investigator
Investigator

Text scam

I received a text saying my bank details could be processed & to update.

i clicked on the link but then immediately realised it was a scam, didn’t enter any details & forwarded the text to EE. 

im now worried by iPhone will have virus or will be hacked & they will access my details. 

5 REPLIES 5
Investigator

Re: Text scam

Sorry should have said the text was supposed to be from EE & that my payment had failed & to update bank details.

im normally so careful with these things. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @BodrumBodrum

Thanks for coming to the community and letting us know.

You have done the right thing sending this to us, if you suspect a text is fake and isn't from EE, follow the below steps;

DO NOT click on any of the links within the message - if you have clicked on the link and entered d your password details, to be safe I would change this.

DO NOT reply with any information

DO NOT download any attachments

DO send it to us to investigate – Forward the message to 7726

DO delete the message

See our how to avoid fraud and phishing help page for full information.

Thanks.

Investigator

Thanks.

i did forward the message to EE.

Although I clicked the link I didn’t enter any details as I realised it was fake. 

Just worried that having clicked on link my phone may be compromised, even though no data was entered? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @BodrumBodrum

Thanks for sending this to us so we can get this site looked into.

Our Help site How to avoid and prevent spam, phishing and fraud has great tips for staying safe.

I would also delete the message now that you have sent this to us 🙂

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you just clicked on the link but did not login to the fake MyEE login page presented, you are safe.

Don't go there but what was the link?

Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.