Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Text messages not sending to a specific mobile number

When I text my mother in law, the messages don't reach her. I can receive calls and messages from her and I can call her, so the number can't be blocked. Anyone have any idea why this could be? It's very annoying!

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Text messages not sending to a specific mobile number

Can you send texts to anybody else?

For sending texts, check your phone has the Message Centre no. setting for EE as +447958879879.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Yes no problems at all with any other numbers.

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Kilbybooty has your number been accidently blocked in her texting app? Can she look and see? It will be something like clicking on the Text app, Settings, Message blocking, Blocked numbers.

Also, is she using an additional privacy app to control texts and calls? These can also block specific text numbers and call numbers separately. 

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Kilbybooty does your mother in !aw receive texts OK from anyone and everyone else?

And have you checked what @XRaySpeX suggested on her phone as well as yours? 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

She hadn't even got a smart phone - it's an old Nokia! And I don't think you can block texts but not calls on them - it's all or nothing.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

She receives texts fine from everyone else and I can send them fine to everyone else.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX @Profile closed 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Give a solution, dear @XRaySpeX , a solution. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

I have nowt further to add to this, so I have added nowt! I don't need "bumping"!

@Profile closed : You're usually vociferous & like to guess, so I'll leave it to you. There are other members available.

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Kilbybooty I think you need to speak with the EE Tech Team.

But you could try deleting her from your phone address book, then adding her again when she texts you...

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

I wasn't "bumping" you dear @XRaySpeX. I was merely explaining what I assumed was @Kilbybooty's call for a solution, to which you replied, "yes?". You're the one who needs the numbers. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

OK, I'll have a go! Just had a flash of inspiration 😉.

@Kilbybooty : Are you on contract or PAYG?

What are the 1st 5 digits of her no?

@Profile closed : No, the OP was bumping. I don't need nos, thanks, except the 1st 5 of the mother in law's.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

My phone is a Galaxy S10 but the same thing happened with my HTC. Her Nokia memory isn't full as she receives texts from other numbers.

We have both tried deleting each other numbers from our phone books and re-adding. Number saved as +447946 5*****

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks. There's no reason not to be able to text that no. She has an EE no.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kilbybooty

I have sent you a private message to gather some more information, please take a look and get back to me.

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions