cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending and Receiving Picture Messages on EE

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

We’ll help with setting up your phone for sending and receiving picture messages. Have you received a message with

https://get.mms.ee.co.uk/ee/ included within? Read on.

Will I be charged for sending picture messages?

You will be charged if you send a picture message, for the latest prices see our pay monthly price guide or the pay as you go price guide.

Can I buy a picture message add-on to save money?

Yes you can, to buy an add-on just log in to your My EE account.

Once you're logged in, select Plans & Add-Ons and then Get Add-Ons.

My phone can’t receive pictures, how do I set this up?

For most phones, you can download the settings needed from our online set up tool.

If you're an iPhone user and you're having difficulty setting up picture messaging, please see the About iMessage and SMS/MMS Apple support pages.

If you’ve received a message from one of your contacts saying:

"I've sent you an EE Photo/Video Message. Go to https://eeuk.mms.ee.co.uk/eeuk/ Your message is valid for 7 days."

This could mean that your phone needs to be set up for picture messaging.

Why have I been charged for sending a text message?

There are times when you might be charged the cost of a picture message when you thought you were sending a free text within your allowance.

This may be because your text includes a non-standard smiley or symbol such as an emoticon or emoji. 

Depending on what device you are using a text message with an emoji included may be converted into a picture message, which is chargeable.

Some devices may also convert a text message into a picture message if this is over 160 characters.

This isn't something that EE or any network controls, as it's down to how your device works, but it's straightforward for you to change this.

Full information can be found on our will I be charged for sending an Emoji/Emoticon post.

Have any questions? tap 'reply' below and let us know.

15 REPLIES 15
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Christopher_G wrote:

Some devices may also convert a text message into a picture message if this is over 160 characters.

Many devices will send texts msgs of over 160 chars., not as a picture msg, but in chunks of up to 160 chars. You should see this as you are typing the msg near the limit when it will display the no. of chars left in the part & the current part no. If you have a limited text allowance or are paying for texts, each part will count as 1 text msg.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Alan157
Visitor

i am having issues with my phone number and password on eeuk.mms.ee.co.uk/eeuk/

Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Okay, so my question is: Who still sends MMS messages? I guess if you're out of data and really need to send a photo, you could stomach the 65p it costs

James_B

Hi @Alan157,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What issues are you experiencing?

James

roseheathcote
Visitor

Hi, I have been sent an MMS retrieval message, and also a password.  My phone does not do picture messages so I want to retrieve this on my computer.  However the password does not work.  Any suggestions, can I get another password sent? Thanks, Rose

@roseheathcote    Passwords are unique to that message and a different one can not be sent in its place. 

phone has stopped letting me send photos with text.

James_B

Hi @Garth5,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What happens when you try to send a photo?

James

I t used to have a circle and something went round it and then the photo was sent and received.  now no circle or moving point - and no indication of it being sent or not until several hours later when in says message not sent - oh, sometimes it says 'sending' - but never quite makes it!