by AndrewLowe Investigator
Investigator

Sending a text message

Having tried to send a text message my phone has got stuck on the screen saying 'sending message'. I have pressed every button but it just stays stuck! Can you help please.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Sending a text message

Eventually the phone ran out of charge. By recharging the fault was cleared. All sorted any many thanks for your help.  Andy

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

HI @AndrewLowe What phone have you got? Have you tried holding the power button in for a while?

Investigator

Thanks for the reply. Just tried it but no reaction. The phone is a Sony Erikson C905. There is no screen at all now. It had gone blank before your fix advice. Andy

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It has a removable battery doesn't it? Have you tried taking it out and putting it back in again?

Investigator

Phone is now on charge.  The phone was well charged beforehand but I guess the screen being on all the time has drained the battery. The phone is taking a charge so lets hope this will reset it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@AndrewLowe: Check that the message centre no. for EE is +447958879879.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator
Solution

Eventually the phone ran out of charge. By recharging the fault was cleared. All sorted any many thanks for your help.  Andy

by Naomi31
Visitor

i have unlimited texts and ive put my sim into a htc mini plus and it will not send any text messages do you have any ideas on how i can fix this please ?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Naomi31,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you checked that you have the correct message centre number in your settings?

It should be +447958879879.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions