by Cameleye
Visitor

Scam text received

Hi I have received a text from 'EEUK' statating the following:

We have been unable to process your last bill. To avoid suspension of your contract update your details here www.my-id-ee.co.uk

Is this a scam?

18 REPLIES 18
by
EE Employee

Re: Scam text received

Hi @Cameleye and welcome to the community.

The text you have received is not from ourselves,

• DO NOT click on any of the links within the text
  • DO NOT reply to the text with any information
  • DO NOT download any attachments
  • DO forward the text to 7726 for our security teams to investigate
  • DO delete the text

Our security teams will investigate any phishing emails, websites or numbers and take appropriate action.

Many thanks,

Lee

by JamesH2
Explorer

This scam is still running!  Why has the domain not been shut down?  It is registered in Lago since 2013.  Can you not actively filter out scam texts? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JamesH2

The text message is not from EE. Is the address on your message the same as the one posted earlier on this thread?

I recommend following the advice on our spam and phishing article and forward the message to 7726.

Chris

by JamesH2
Explorer

"Your EE account has temporarily been suspended, to avoid loss of connectio confirm your details by clicking this link https://ee-details-update.com/"

by

Thanks for giving me more information, @JamesH2

We're in the process of getting the URL blocked.

Thanks

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JamesH2: The domain mentioned in the OP has expired & is suspended.

Domain name:
        my-id-ee.co.uk

Registrar:
        eNom LLC [Tag = ENOM]
        URL: http://www.enom.com

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 27-Oct-2017
        Expiry date:  27-Oct-2018
        Last updated:  28-Oct-2018

Registration status:
        Renewal required.
        *** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by wilco888

Received the below text from "150-Alerts" ... Given this is SMS across EE's own network and that I found this very old community post with exactly the same wording, you'd think EE would be intercepting these messages coming in, presumably en masse .. ? Or what about flagging EE specific words, or URLs of the format below which EE can see going over the network...?

Your MyEE account details are incomplete. Your account has beeen temporarily frozen until your information is updated via the link provided:https://ee-login.com

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@wilco888: The URLs used in these scam texts for you to click upon change all the time. That 1 was created a week ago by some bod in Lagos & is already recognised by browsers & AVs as dangerous.

Agreed that EE could do more in recognising these fake texts concerning its own systems as spam instead of rejecting legitimate verification codes from reputable banks as it has a habit of doing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Noddy1965 Investigator
Investigator

My advice,never click on these wiv regard2emails,texts delete asap don't open them same as junk mail u would get from companies u don't know or didn't want2know about.

by

Hi @wilco888

Welcome to the community and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If you ever receive anything like this message, and you suspect that it isn't legitimate, I recommend forwarding the message free of charge to 7726.

Find out more about reporting SPAM and phishing texts >

Thanks

Chris

by Joey4
Explorer

Received a text stating my bill not processed, have followed the steps on here and deleted, do I need to do anything else? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joey4 : Not unless you logged into their link. If you have they've got your MyEE pwd.

by

Hi @Joey4,

Welcome to the EE Community. :slightly_smiling_face:

As @XRaySpeX said, there's no need to worry if you didn't enter your details on the website.

If you did, please reset your password and get in touch so we can make sure your account hasn't been accessed.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks

James

by Joey4
Explorer

Didn't click the link, just deleted it, but changed my password just to be sure. 

Thanks for your help. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

by Dancheris
Explorer

I have had one very similar. I will also forward it to the number above for it to be investigated.

by

Good Morning @Dancheris

Welcome to the EE Community.

Thank you very much for flagging and reporting this. 

Please forward the text to 7726 then delete the message, 

Katie 🙂

by Dancheris
Explorer

I have forwarded it to the number and deleted it. Wasnt actually able to forward it but I took a screen shot and forwarded it.

Get Outlook for Android

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions