Highlighted
by Eirflower
Visitor

Scam Text Help

Hi (new person here) 

I just recieved a text from EE stating the following 

“ We failed to take your Direct Debit this month. Visit http://bit.ly/2EUFKuX to update your payment details. “ 

My direct debit always goes out on the 10th without fail and I know I have money in my bank (I logged in and checked). I did click the link however I closed the page instantly and opened the app instead to check bills. Everything seems normal. Can anyone advise? I’m guessing this is a scam text? Thank you 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Scam Text Help

It's a scam. As long as you didn't give any details, you'll be fine. You could follow the advice here if you wanted, and report it.

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

It's a scam. As long as you didn't give any details, you'll be fine. You could follow the advice here if you wanted, and report it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Eirflower   Do not use any link provided in anything from emails to text messages.   Unless you are expecting that message.    EE will never send you a link to login to your account. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The domain, faked up to look like EE, was only created yesterday in Malaya & hopefully will be gone tomorrow. 

To report it, forward the text to 7726 (SPAM on your keyboard).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.