Highlighted
by andybloke Investigator
Investigator

STOP to 2000 doesn't work

ee3.pngee4.png
Are EE going to fix this, or force me to call or go into a store and explain in small words that I don't want their messages?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: STOP to 2000 doesn't work

Try texting STOP to 1234.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@andybloke  The store can not help you as they are not customer services but calling customer services and explaining that the message system is not working would not only befit you it would also inform EE that it’s not working and other customers might be having the same issue as you.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @andybloke,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the automated text service.

If it's still not accepting your reply, please follow @Chris_B's advice and get in touch so we can change your contact preferences manually.

Thanks

James

Investigator

That was a wasted 8 minutes.  I assume it's still not going to be resolved, as the folks on 150 can't do anything either.

by

Hi @andybloke,

Did they update your marketing preferences for you?

Thanks

James

Investigator

No.
I found the hidden PAYG marketing unsubscribe option myself, though:
eesimgone.JPG

Twenty years with T-Mobile/EE, and recently EE have done nothing to make me believe they care about customers so my pay monthly accounts will probably be closed when they come up for renewal, too.  Sick of the mis-selling, lack of support, broken systems, excuses and lies from EE now.

by

Hi @andybloke,

I'm sorry to hear you have chosen to stop using your pay as you go SIM.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Try texting STOP to 1234.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks...  Since complaining that EE was spamming my PAYG number (from one of my contract numbers) I'm getting EE spam on my contract phone, too.

Complaining about not being able to opt out of marketing is NOT permission to subscribe me to more marketing....

by

Hi @andybloke

Did you try texting STOP to 1234, as @XRaySpeX suggested?

Or speaking to our Mobile Care team? I'm sure they'll be able to sort this out for you.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.