by georgeburt
Explorer

SMS (Text) Missed Call Alerts

Hello all,

I have noticed that my friends get SMS (Text) alerts from EE when they miss a call from any number. I’m not sure whether its only when they don’t have signal but that’ll be preferably better but I’d rather have it even if it’s when you do have signal and a miss a call too. I have dialled 150 on the keyboard and set it up on there and it says it’s activated I done this a while ago now. I have called EE about it and they are really no help. I don’t know if anybody else has had this problem or knows how to resolve it but help would be very much appreciated. It’s very irritating that other people get this but I don’t and it says the setting is activated.

Many Thanks,

George.

16 REPLIES 16
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: SMS (Text) Missed Call Alerts

Good Afternoon @georgeburt

Thanks for posting on the community.

If you call your voicemail and select option 3.

Are your missed call alerts on?

If so, can you try turning these off and back on again.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

by calvinmc Investigator
Investigator

I'm currently using an iPhone XS Max, when my phone is switched off or in airplane mode and a non withheld number calls me, when I switch it back on, I get the missed call alert SMS, however when a withheld number calls me when phone is off/out of signal etc, nothing, is this normal?

by

Hi @calvinmc

Please try these steps to turn the missed call alerts off and then on again:

• Access your Voicemail - To access your voicemail dial 07953 222222.
  • From the main voicemail menu select Option 3 (Voicemail Settings and Features).
  • Then select Option 1 to activate or de-activate your Missed Call Alerts.

Repeat those steps to turn them back on.

Let us know if the problem persists after that.

Thanks 🙂

Chris

by calvinmc Investigator
Investigator

Just tried that and no change, so to clarify, if my phone is off / airplane mode and a withheld number calls me (I've tested this via a landline) no missed call alert SMS, if it's not withheld, then I get the missed call alert SMS. All running on latest software, carrier update, wifi calling isn't on...

by

Thanks for trying that @calvinmc.

I'd recommend contacting our Tech Gurus so they can get this investigated further.

They will be able to check your account and make sure everything is set up correctly.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Jon

by calvinmc Investigator
Investigator

I don’t think anything is wrong with my account though. If there was, I wouldn’t be getting missed calls from non-withheld numbers would I? 

by calvinmc Investigator
Investigator

I don’t think anything is wrong with my account though. If there was, I wouldn’t be getting missed calls from non-withheld numbers would I? 

by

Hi @calvinmc.

I've been checking my recent missed call alerts.

When I miss a call, I get a text from the number who called letting me know that I missed a call from this number.

If the number is withheld, you wouldn't get a text because the person calling does not want you to know their number.

Jon

by calvinmc Investigator
Investigator

That I am aware of, but shouldn’t an alert come through that a call has been missed, albeit from a withheld number? Just like it would when a non withheld number does?

by

My understanding now is that you wouldn't, @calvinmc

I recommend calling and speaking to our Tech Gurus though, they'll be able to clear this up for you and investigate, if there's a problem.

Please come back and let us know what they say.

Chris

by Simrabc_123
Explorer

This happened to me too, the missed call alerts were not turning on but then they started to work, however, after I came back from abroad it stopped alerting me again, i am trying to get it to work but it isn’t send me missed call alerts

by

Hi @Simrabc_123

Thanks for coming here 🙂

If you call your voicemail and select option 3.

Are your missed call alerts on?

If so, can you try turning these off and back on again.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

by Simrabc_123
Explorer

Yes this is exactly what I have been doing but it still isn’t working

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Simrabc_123

Thanks for coming back to me.

Do you use Visual Voicemail?

When you call your voicemail, does this say your missed call alerts are active?

Leanne 🙂

by Simrabc_123
Explorer

Yes, it tells me that my missed call alerts are now on, I have tried turning it off and then turning it back on again but it doesn’t seem to work

Sent from my iPhone
by

OK thanks, @Simrabc_123.

I suggest speaking to our Tech Gurus on 150 to see if there's anything they can do to fix this for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.