by eeuser666 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Is there a charge for receiving picture messages via MMS?

Has anyone actualy answered the direct question....'Is there a charge for RECEIVING picture messages via MMS'

I can't see that they have, isn't it a simple question?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@eeuser666: There is no charge for receiving MMS or SMS wherever you are in the world.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@eeuser666: There is no charge for receiving MMS or SMS wherever you are in the world.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @eeuser666,

I absolutely agree with @XRaySpeX, whole heartedly!

mAh8v

by eeuser666 Investigator
Investigator

:smileyhappy:

by Anne46 Contributor
Contributor

The reason I'm coming back to this is that someone asked if my question had been answered - they must not have seen your reply.

What you say isn't strictly true - SMS and MMS messages are only free if included in your package; so if I had 200 text messages for free I would have to pay for any over that within my monthly contract.  I don't think I worded my question correctly.  I meant in normal SMS messaging if you add a photo/picture is there a charge?  I think there may be as it changes the SMS message to MMS.  As far as I'm aware if I send a photo/picture via, say, Whatsapp then there is no charge but there is if I send one via SMS.

Anne

by Anne46 Contributor
Contributor

There was a reply but now I'm looking again as you've questioned it, I'm not happy with the reply I got so have replied to the person who responded.

Anne

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Anne46 wrote:

The reason I'm coming back to this is that someone asked if my question had been answered - they must not have seen your reply.

What you say isn't strictly true - SMS and MMS messages are only free if included in your package; so if I had 200 text messages for free I would have to pay for any over that within my monthly contract.  I don't think I worded my question correctly.  I meant in normal SMS messaging if you add a photo/picture is there a charge?  I think there may be as it changes the SMS message to MMS.  As far as I'm aware if I send a photo/picture via, say, Whatsapp then there is no charge but there is if I send one via SMS.

Anne

@Anne46 You are mistaking the question. @eeuser666 asked if there is a charge for RECEIVING a SMS or MMS. The answer is the same as in no there isn't a charge.

Your reply is based on sending one. Most EE tariffs now are unlimited SMS but MMS are chargable.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Anne46 Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I had a senior moment.  Just ignore my reply - I did misread it :smileyembarrassed:

Anne

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Anne46: This thread is entirely about Receiving MMS & SMS, as was your other thread & original query. You are now talking only about Sending MMS & SMS. That's an entirely different kettle of fish! Yes, Sending MMS & above-allowance SMS are indeed chargeable but that is not what is being discussed here.

The OP of this thread (since moved so he can have his own thread), asked for a definitive answer to your original query as the Solution given there of referring to Price Guides was not at all definitive seeing that the Price Guides do not provide any costs at all for Receiving MMS & SMS, presumably cuz they are zero. I provided here such a definitive answer.

by
EE Community Support Team

Don't worry @Anne46!

We are all warming up on a Monday 🙂

Nice to see you back in the community either way.

Alex

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.