Highlighted
by JordanBicker
Visitor

Not recieving bank texts

I've recently ported my number from an O2 pay monthly sim to a new EE pay monthly sim and phone contract combo. However, since the number port has been completed I haven't been able to receive verification texts from my bank when purchasing online shopping or when trying to set up new apps on my phone (i.e. airtime rewards). Does anyone know if this is because I kept my number or if it can be sorted? 

2 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Not recieving bank texts

Good Morning @JordanBicker

Welcome to the community. 

When did your port complete?

Do you know if you have a marketing bar on your account? 

Speak soon, Katie Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Not recieving bank texts

Yes, there are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the bank, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.