by ChrisAbs
Explorer

Not receiving verification codes

Hi, Just had my number ported from O2 to EE. Since then I haven't been able to receive verification codes, from Uber, Natwest or paypal. Also in the settings the number shows as the temporary number that came with the phone, not the ported. Is that ok?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Not receiving verification codes

There are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the bank, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @ChrisAbs

Thanks for coming here.

What device are you using?

Also, when did your number transfer?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by ChrisAbs
Explorer

Hi, I have a brand new galaxy S9 and the number was transferred 4 days ago. Still not receiving codes from any company. It's not just my bank.

Thanks,

Chris

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @ChrisAbs

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Leanne 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions