by pcrtp Investigator
Investigator

Not receiving bank messages codes

I've recently ported my number from Three pay monthly contract to a new EE pay monthly sim. However, since the number port has been completed (Three provide the PAC) I haven't been able to receive verification texts from my bank when purchasing online or when trying to set up new apps on my phone. While in Three network I never got this kind of issues. Does anyone know if this is because I kept my number or if it can be sorted? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Not receiving bank messages codes

There are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the bank, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @pcrtp.

Welcome to the community.

I'd recommend reporting this to our Tech Gurus so they can look into it for you and check the port status.

As @XRaySpeX mentioned, sometimes the bank can verbally give you a code if you need it immediately.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Jon

by pcrtp Investigator
Investigator

Hi, Thanks for the advice.

Talk with EE Tech Guru moments ago and the answer is that I need to contact my bank to solve the problem. I was told that the Network legislation does not allow that bank text to be received. I also ask to check if my portability was completed done, the answer was yes.

I need to get the messages. With my last network, provide everything worked ok.

Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's a load of baloney. Banks have nowt to do with your no moving from 1 network to another. They are out the loop. What Network legislation? Is there such a thing?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by pcrtp Investigator
Investigator

More than 10m talk for nothing.

I don't know what to do more, maybe I need to change network and leave EE.

Or ask my bank to change the APP because I'm with EE. 

by

Hi @pcrtp

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you didn't get your problem solved by the Tech Gurus.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Chris

by mortigi-tempo Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am also having this problem, tried to pay a credit card bill via app which in turn text me a OPT number to verify a payment, never received a text.

Also not receiving a text from BT sport for my pin.

I have just moving from O2 to EE and took my number with me.

by

Good Morning @mortigi-tempo

Have you been able to report this to our technical care team? 

The team will also be able to look into getting you your BT Sports pin. 

Please keep us updated with how you get on, 

Katie 🙂

by pcrtp Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you got problems receiving text messages from the bank.

From the contact that EE made, looks like all banks are wrong and need to change the way they send text messages to us, strange.

Or maybe it is a problem with EE network?

Thanks

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.