by SLCD
Explorer

Not receiving Text messages

I have recently joined EE, I transferred my number from another provider. However, I can not receive messages. When I do they arrive hours and sometimes days later

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Not receiving Text messages

HI @SLCD

Welcome to the community.

We're aware that a small number of users have had problems receiving verification text messages from some banks, with most being unaffected and able to receive these important messages.

This seems to happen to some customers after porting from another network. From what I have seen from other community members' experiences, it usually resolves itself within a couple of weeks.

Our Mobile Care teams are on hand to help with this on a case-by-case basis, running through troubleshooting with you.

They'll do their best to help you receive those messages.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
by SLCD
Explorer

Re: Transferred number days ago, but still not receiving all my txts

I also transferred from O2 to EE a few days ago and I'm not receiving messages from the likes of my banking apps to verify it is me. How do I solve this? 

by
Solution

HI @SLCD

Welcome to the community.

We're aware that a small number of users have had problems receiving verification text messages from some banks, with most being unaffected and able to receive these important messages.

This seems to happen to some customers after porting from another network. From what I have seen from other community members' experiences, it usually resolves itself within a couple of weeks.

Our Mobile Care teams are on hand to help with this on a case-by-case basis, running through troubleshooting with you.

They'll do their best to help you receive those messages.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

View solution in original post

by

Re: Why are EE blocking sms codes from banks

Hi @SLCD

I've replied to your other post.

Chris

by waynepowell
Explorer

Hi Chris

I have contacted your support team of 3 separate occasions and every time they have advised there is nothing EE can do. Apparently it's the way that the bank sends the text, with is blocked by EE.    

Not sure where i go from here, other than moving this and all the other connection on my business account.

Can you offer any further help please?

Thanks

Wayne  

by

Hi there @waynepowell

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions