cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Facebook 2 factor SMS codes

Eeuser123456
Investigator
Investigator

Is anybody else having issues receiving Facebook 2 factor authentication SMS codes? As of the end of last month I do not receive any Facebook SMS so am locked out of my account. Using an iPhone 11.

44 REPLIES 44

I hear it is generally sorted out within 2 weeks & the missing SMS come flooding thro'.

I hope so!

Eeuser123456
Investigator
Investigator

This issue has now been resolved. It may be purely coincidental but I turned WiFi calling enabled off and tried again and I received my code. Thanks for the help 🙂

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Eeuser123456

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know 🙂

Glad to hear this is now working for you.

Have a great Sunday.

Leanne.

Clanna31
Explorer

Hi, did you manage to sort your issue? As I’m having the same problem but now Facebook won’t send anymore codes? And it just says enter the code we sent you in your sms, but I haven’t received any at all even after turning off the WiFi calling:(( 

(I changed phones and it’s been this way since my restore yesterday )

Hi, yes thankfully it got sorted. In total it took around 5 days before I received the SMS code.
I’m afraid I don’t really have any suggestions other than waiting a few days before retrying - I waited 48 hours before I tried resending the code otherwise the account may get locked.

Hope you get it sorted, it’s a very frustrating situation!

Anyone have any joy on this. Had a new phone (Huawei p30 Pro) and I am not receiving the SMS codes... When I did phone first and restored data I could get on.. Then the phone did an update and then it won't send my SMS code to me I've tried from different devices... I've tried email and every which way possible. I'm stressing as I have alot of pictures that are on Facebook of children as the back up didn't do my photos and I can't loose my account on fb. The forums say its ee??? I've gone through fb but that as use as a chocolate tea pot. I'm loosing it big time please some help?

I have tried the WiFi calling on and off but not worked. 

Katie_B

Good Morning @Nataliek2010

Welcome to the community. 

I understand the urgency to get logged into your account for access to your photos and I would love to help further.

Have you recently ported your number or simply got an upgrade?

Speak shortly, 

Katie 🙂

Just had to have a new phone... As the other one was faulty. I managed to log on fine etc when I first had phone then it did an automatic update and since then I can't access Facebook. Tried eveyway possible. I'm really getting upset as the sensitive information on there of my children photos I can't loose them. I really don't know what to do now. I've googled help. Sent all the necessary form to Facebook I'm just not getting anything back at all. I've had this number for 10 year plus so the number is correct 

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming this @Nataliek2010

Was this a software update or app update?

What happens when you try to log in from the web rather than the app?

Katie

Software update

It's asking for either SMS code which I'm not getting. 

Or the code generator which I can't access which I can't get into Facebook to get the code 

I'm really upset honestly I don't care about my account its all jy family photos and holidays etc