cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Facebook 2 factor SMS codes

Eeuser123456
Investigator
Investigator

Is anybody else having issues receiving Facebook 2 factor authentication SMS codes? As of the end of last month I do not receive any Facebook SMS so am locked out of my account. Using an iPhone 11.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eeuser123456
Investigator
Investigator

This issue has now been resolved. It may be purely coincidental but I turned WiFi calling enabled off and tried again and I received my code. Thanks for the help 🙂

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you recently ported into EE, particularly from O2?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

No, have been with EE for a number of years. Worked fine up until recently.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Eeuser123456.

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you able to check the number in which these texts are being sent to?

Have you changed your number since creating your Facebook account?

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie, yes they being sent to the same number, and no I have not changed my number. 2 weeks ago I was receiving them fine

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming this @Eeuser123456

I would recommend speaking with Facebook regarding this.

You can also look to join the Facebook community, this may allow you question to be answered in depth and provide you with a solution. 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie, thanks. I am trying but their customer support is non existent 😖 I submitted a help request 4 days ago... and have not had any reply.

I was just checking to see if other EE customers were experiencing the same issue to determine if it is a network issue or if it is a Facebook issue. 

Are EE able to forward the issue on to Facebook? I imagine you as a company get better support than what individuals get.

Katie_B

Hi @Eeuser123456

Unfortunately, the user needs to contact the 3rd party direct.

Have you tried googling your problem to see if anyone else has posted anywhere?

Katie 🙂

@Eeuser123456 wrote:

I was just checking to see if other EE customers were experiencing the same issue to determine if it is a network issue or if it is a Facebook issue. 

Yes, there are regular reports of this with banks' verification code texts but it is mainly when porting to EE, particularly from O2 - see e.g. not receiving barclays verification code . Hence my original Q. As far as I can tell it is nowt to do with the banks, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

I hear it is generally sorted out within 2 weeks & the missing SMS come flooding thro'.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi Katie, I’ve tried Googling and searching for similar problems and have not found anything that doesn’t resolve to contacting Facebook for support. Unfortunately I think their systems are all automated so getting any useful help is impossible. It’s incredibly frustrating.

I’m assuming from your responses that this is not a common issue with any other EE customers?