by Lynz44
Explorer

My txt messages keep converting to mms please help

Could someone please help me? I have a sim only deal now with EE after many years in contract. The speaker on my S8 has gone so my wife suprised me with a new S8 but the txt messages keep converting to MMS after a few lines once it has reached 1KB ive tried everything even contacting Samsung themselves and they said to contact my phone provider please help thankyou 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: My txt messages keep converting to mms please help

Hi @Lynz44 

You need to type smaller SMS messages as anything over 160 characters is automatically set to MMS. It cannot be changed or disabled completely.

Emojis will also change your message to MMS. 

Either type small messages, buy an MMS add on via your online account or use another message app which used data and avoids this issue such as WhatsApp, FB messenger, signal etc.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @Lynz44 

You need to type smaller SMS messages as anything over 160 characters is automatically set to MMS. It cannot be changed or disabled completely.

Emojis will also change your message to MMS. 

Either type small messages, buy an MMS add on via your online account or use another message app which used data and avoids this issue such as WhatsApp, FB messenger, signal etc.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Lynz44
Explorer

Ahh ok thanks for that, i had an s8 before this one & never did i have a limit on txts i could literally type a lot & never did it convert to MMS but im guessing maybe this phone has restrictions thanks for your reply 👍 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions