by Retiree1022 Investigator
Investigator

My nightly texts to my fiance aren't being delivered to him until late afternoon

Hi all,

I've been experiencing texting issues recently.

My fiance and I exchange good night texts each night, but he's not receiving my texts until late afternoon the next day.  Why is this?  This hasn't happened for some time, but now, it's becoming frustrating for the both of us.  I receive his texts at night, but when I send a text back to him, he doesn't receive it until the following day.  I haven't made any changes on my phone, and I normally receive a 'Delivered' message after sending my text, but this hasn't been happening at least for the last few nights.  Does anybody have any suggestions or advice on how to resolve this problem please?

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Team

Re: My nightly texts to my fiance aren't being delivered to him until late after

Hi @Retiree1022 

Welcome to the community 🙂

Which network is your fiance using?

Because your texts are sending, and it is the receiving of the texts on the other phone that is delayed, it doesn't seem like your phone has any issues.

If you are both on EE, you can check the Network Status Checker to see if there are any issues in his postcode area. Is it only his texts that are effected?

Investigator

Re: My nightly texts to my fiance aren't being delivered to him until late after

Hi Alex_S,

Thank you for the welcome.

He's on T Mobile/EE.

Yes, it's only texts that are being affected.  I've checked with the Network Status Checker and there are no issues in his postcode area.

Before all this happened, we'd been texting each other at night without any problems, and I was getting the 'Delivered' reports.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Retiree1022

Thanks for coming to back to us. 

I would recommend asking your fiance to give our technical care team a call. 

As this issue does not seem to be with your phone, the team will be able to complete a diagnostic with your fiance to find the source of the problem.

Katie 🙂

Investigator

My fiance has an older style of mobile phone, would that make any difference? Could it be that there are so many texts being sent that it's causing a backlog and that's why he's not receiving my texts until much later? I sent him a text yesterday morning but he didn't receive it until some hours later. In the end I had to phone him.

by

Hi @Retiree1022 

What phone is your fiance using?

I don't believe it could be a backlog, I would still recommend asking your fiance to give us a call. 

Katie 🙂

Investigator

He has a Samsung Rugby, one of those flip open/shut phones. It's a PAYG. It's no good asking him to contact you because I know he won't.

by

Do you know if your fiance is having problems with other people texting him too, @Retiree1022?

It could be something as simple as turning the phone off and on again that could fix it.

Chris

Investigator

Thank you for your help, but I think I've managed to sort this problem out now, as he appears to be receiving my text messages within a reasonable time and not hours later as before.

Many thanks.

by

Hi @Retiree1022.

Thanks for letting us know :),

Katie

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions