by Leighm9
Visitor

Multiple Charges for SMS inside EU

I have recently returned from a short trip to Amsterdam, whilst on the outwards ferry I received a text message from EE informing I was connected to a maritime network and would be charged 50p for text messages sent. As there was no internet connection on board, I accepted I would have a small charge to pay for texts sent. I did not receive this text message on my return journey (which is something that only adds to my frustration at receiving multiple charges)

Upon returning home, I’ve realised I’ve been charged £45 for allegedly sending 90 text messages. When I’ve looked at an itemised bill, I’ve been charged up to 9 times for what I believe to be the same text message, sent to the same number with the same time stamp. I’ve looked back at messages and I have not gone over the character limit (certainly not 9 texts worth!). The person I was texting confirms my messages were only received once.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how do I go about challenging the charges as an expected £20 bill has escalated into almost £90 with VAT included.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Multiple Charges for SMS inside EU

Hi @Leighm9 

Give EE CS a call on 150 tomorrow and discuss your options. There is no account access on these forums.

I would be asking for a refund.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Multiple Charges for SMS inside EU

Morning @Leighm9

Thanks for coming to the community.

I would like to help you get this looked into, I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions