by FrostfoxZA
Explorer

Job Text Message - Spam?

Hi Community, 

After lengthy search for information on this number i do not believe i have ever or at least for a very long time applied for work with EE. 

However i have recently received a message from +447484531468 advising that i'm apparently looking to work for EE and they are doing interviews. 

== Exact Quote of Text message ==
"Hi we have vacancies in maidstone and romford with ee _ if you are interested in being considered for a telephone interview or are no longer looking for work with EE please let me know"

I find it a bit odd that there is no mention of my name or any details besides the number it was sent from. I thought i should raise this on the EE forums in case others are getting the same text message from the same person. 

Any information related to this would be most helpful. I'm fully employed and very content in my job role - Haven't applied for a job in a long while so even weirder! 

Many thanks, 
Frosty

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Job Text Message - Spam?

@FrostfoxZA : Was there a link in the text? If so, don't go there but what was the link?

Are you with EE? Report it to your provider by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by FrostfoxZA
Explorer

No url at all. Just didnt reply to it incase it's checking active numbers. Dont know the number and dont have any friends who work for EE for it to be personal. 

I'll try forward it on to the number for spam and see if EE can investigate 🙂 thanks. Fyi I'm an o2 number so it has gone out to another network number if that's of any help. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The same 7726 is used by all networks for reporting spam. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions