cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve received a text with a pin but didn’t request it? What do I do?

LeolieHowlett
Explorer

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@LeolieHowlett   Pin for what ?  

It doesn’t say, it just says here’s your pin ...... then says they’d never call to ask for the pin and to call 150 ASAP if I didn’t request it which I’m going to do as they were closed last night when I posted this 

Profile closed
Not applicable

@LeolieHowlett wrote:

It doesn’t say, it just says here’s your pin ...... then says they’d never call to ask for the pin and to call 150 ASAP if I didn’t request it which I’m going to do as they were closed last night when I posted this 

Please let us know what EE say as i have heard a few people saying this lately. thanks

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Good Morning @LeolieHowlett.

Welcome to the community.

Let us know how you get on after contacting our Mobile Care team, hopefully they can tell you what this pin is.

Jon

I’ve had 2 pin codes and a text regarding an EE contract yet I’m on PAYG as well as a call from someone who HAS my exact number - which I’ve had for OVER A YEAR - what the **** EE?

Sort this crap out please!! 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GemStar-1985

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you have received texts regarding a contract and you are on pay as you go, I would suggest giving our Mobile Care team a call, they will be able to check this for you. 

The call you have received may have been related to number spoofing (where nuisance callers and criminals deliberately alter the caller ID) 

You can find out more about number spoofing on the Ofcom website and in our Call spoofing article. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

JandLM
Visitor

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @JandLM

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Could you let me know what the message says? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

I have received the same text at 3.30 am this morning, unsure what to do.  Did you call EE ? Just wondering what their response was?🙂