by loz_hurst Investigator
Investigator

I've just had a text saying my complaint has been closed - but I've not made one

I've just had this text:

Hi from EE, thanks for getting in touch with us recently, we're pleased we could help. We've closed your complaint reference ID10283587. If you need to talk more about your complaint, or you're not happy with how we've dealt with it, please call us on 150 free from your EE mobile. For more information about the process we've followed, you can read our code of practice at ee.co.uk/mobile-complaint.

but as far as I'm aware I've not made a complaint?  I have been in touch about a technical issue but it certainly wasn't a complaint.  Can I find out what I'm supposed to have complained about?  I'm afraid to call again in case I'm unwittingly making another complaint!

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I've just had a text saying my complaint has been closed - but I've not made

@loz_hurst wrote:

I've just had this text:

Hi from EE, thanks for getting in touch with us recently, we're pleased we could help. We've closed your complaint reference ID10283587. If you need to talk more about your complaint, or you're not happy with how we've dealt with it, please call us on 150 free from your EE mobile. For more information about the process we've followed, you can read our code of practice at ee.co.uk/mobile-complaint.

but as far as I'm aware I've not made a complaint?  I have been in touch about a technical issue but it certainly wasn't a complaint.  Can I find out what I'm supposed to have complained about?  I'm afraid to call again in case I'm unwittingly making another complaint!

How was the issue resolved on the phone? because i have had a few of these myself and it happened when they made changes to my account like when my multi line discount was removed after upgrading. So in order to apply 10% off each month they had to log it as a complaint in order to apply the discount.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I've just had a text saying my complaint has been closed - but I've not made

Hi @loz_hurst.

Welcome to the community.

What was your technical issue?

Was it resolved on the phone?

Jon

Investigator

I was trying to get my device unlocked but then it turned out my number wasn't correctly linked to my account, even though it was showing up on "MyEE".  But both problems were fixed while I was on the phone without any drama - the people I spoke to were all excellent.

The "technical support chat" people were pretty useless before I phoned but I didn't mention that in my call or ask to make a complaint to them, so I don't know why EE think I have?

by

Thanks for additional information @loz_hurst.

It sounds like a complaint has been opened either in error, or the advisor has deemed it necessary to open one on the call.

The text you have received suggests it is now closed, but do you want to discuss this further?

Jon

Investigator

Hi Jon,

I just don't want EE thinking I'm unhappy or a difficult customer, when I've had no reason to complain.  I thought the telephone customer service was excellent.

Laurence

by

Hi @loz_hurst.

It's great to hear you had a positive experience with our Mobile care team.

When a complaint is closed it usually just means your problem has been resolved, not necessarily that you wanted to make a formal complaint against EE.

Jon

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.