by Leighteen
Explorer

I dont receive any passcodes for my Santander, Sainsbury and Barclay card after

I dont receive any passcode text messages from my Santander, Sainsbury and Barclay card after changing from O2 to EE. Went to EE shop to have everything checked and the guy who is very helpful said nothing is wrong with my phone and network....phone Santander and they said, they have said numerous passcode have been already been sent! Im lost as I can't use my mobile to do anymore banking on it. Help anyone?

15 REPLIES 15
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I dont receive any passcodes for my Santander, Sainsbury and Barclay card af

Hi @Leighteen,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please get in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can help.

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

by JennaG Investigator
Investigator

Not receiving verification text messages from banks

Hi, 

I’m having the same problem as many it seems, I’ve ported my number from o2 to EE and now can’t get into my banking apps because I’m not receiving the verification text messages.  Spoke to customer services twice and they haven’t sorted it. My bank says it’s a EE issue? Has anyone actually resolved this!? I don’t want my cooling off period to expire and be stuck with a phone that’s not what I need! 

Any help gratefully received!

thanks 

by JennaG Investigator
Investigator

Re: I dont receive any passcodes for my Santander, Sainsbury and Barclay card af

Hi,

I’m having the same problem, so frustrating! Have you managed to get it resolved!?

thanks 

by

Hi @JennaG

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Have you ported from O2 as well?

Chris

by JennaG Investigator
Investigator

Good morning,

yes I’ve ported from O2 as well.

thanks

jenna 

by

Thanks @JennaG

We've noticed from other users that this seems to resolve itself within 14 days. 

However, if you'd like us to run through some troubleshooting to try and get it working, i recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus.

Chris

by JennaG Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, my worry is that my cooling off period will have expired by then and if it hasn’t sorted itself out I’ll have to go back to O2, can my cooling off period be extended to allow for this? Who do I need to speak to resolve that aspect?

thanks Jenna 

by

The 14 days can't be extended, @JennaG.

Have a chat with our Tech Gurus though. There are a few things they can try from our side to help you receive the messages.

Chris

by

Re: Not receiving verification text messages from banks

Hi @JennaG

I've replied to another thread you've posted on about this on. 🙂

Chris

by JennaG Investigator
Investigator

How do I get in touch with the tech gurus? Thanks Jenna 

by

By calling 150, @JennaG 🙂

There are more contact details if you click the blue Tech Gurus link.

Chris

by Leighteen
Explorer

No no solution at the mo Satander are looking into it. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JennaG : Yes, there are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the bank, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

I hear it is generally sorted out within 2 weeks between the 2 providers & the missing SMS come flooding thro'.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JennaG Investigator
Investigator

Thank you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JennaG : Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.