by Haven Investigator
Investigator

I can't send messages

I can't send message. Packs has been renewed and I check the message centre setting which is correct number. i tried on my iphone and it still can't send message. phone call is fine and I can receive message. Just can't send message. I need to reply to someone by text, a bit hurry.

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I can't send messages

@Haven   Have you tried restarting the device.  And what device is this you are using ? 

by Haven Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I've restarted the device. I tried with Huawei Mate 30 and iphone X. both of them can't send message

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Haven what does your EE account say about your allowances ? 

by Haven Investigator
Investigator

It's unlimited text

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Haven : Are you trying to send the text to a UK no?

What exactly does texting AL to 150 report?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Haven Investigator
Investigator

I've tried to send AL to 150, but it can't send out either.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

For sending texts, check your phone's Messaging app has the Message Centre no. setting for EE as +447958879879.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Dave731
Explorer

I have the same problem using a Nokia 610 phone and EE PAYG.

Been trying to text on and off all day. Phone calls work, but text AL to 150 seems not to the same as others. Tried short messages (4 characters) as well as normal ones with no result.

Message centre number is correct (ends in 789789) and according to the Nokia website I'm pressing all the right buttons in the right order.

There's credit in the account (not much but enough for a text or two).

Can anyone shed any light please?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Dave731

Thanks for coming to the community.

Can you make phone calls?

What happens when you try and send a text, do you get an error message show up?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by Dave731
Explorer

Hello Leanne

I can make calls, but text messages just sit there without any sort of error message.

I've tried sending test messages to me wife who was sitting next to me. Hours later still nothing happened

Thanks for replying

Dave

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dave731

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Do you have another phone you can try your SIM card in to see if this works for you?

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions