Highlighted
by
Explorer

I can’t send messages or make calls from the Netherlands to the uk I pay monthly

I can’t seem to text or call anyone whilst on holiday in the Netherlands even though when I arrived I received a text message telling me I would be able to.. my data works just not messages and calls. I am using an apple iPhone 7 Plus and am on a monthly paid contract. 

Please can someone help solve this ASAP 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I can’t send messages or make calls from the Netherlands to the uk I pay mon

@Bouncers54   Login to your EE online account and under manage this device enabled call abroad and premium numbers.  It can take around 24 hours to activate but try restarting the device once enabled. 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I can’t send messages or make calls from the Netherlands to the uk I pay mon

Good Morning @Bouncers54

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I hope you're having a fantastic time in the Netherlands. 

Have you been able to follow the advice provided from @Chris_B ?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
by
Explorer

No it did not work as I don’t have an option to enable that

Sent from my iPad
Highlighted
by
Explorer

This is not an option on my account

Sent from my iPad
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Have you logged in via the app or your My EE online? @Bouncers54.

Once logged in via your My EE online please follow these steps:

Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate > They  will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated.

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If your MyEE doesn't have that option you must be on PAYG. PAYG is auto enabled for roaming.

Do you have credit on it or a Pack or Add-on? What exactly does texting AL to 150 report?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions