by dilentulcidas
Explorer

I can't receive any verification sms (linkedin, amazon, government app, etc)

Hi, I'm a pay monthly customer. I can't receive any verification sms sent by numerous companies such as LinkedIn, Amazon and even the government app when prompted to verify my phone number.

This is a very frustrating issue, I was filling an urgent government application and thankfully had another phone number from Three which received the sms just fine. Have also contacted support through live chat numerous times and they insist the issue is not on EE's end when it obviously is if other sim providers receive the sms without problems...

Can anyone look into this? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I can't receive any verification sms (linkedin, amazon, government app, etc)

Hi @dilentulcidas 

Have you just ported over to the network?

What device do you have?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by dilentulcidas
Explorer

Re: I can't receive any verification sms (linkedin, amazon, government app, etc)

Hi @Northerner 

Yes I had ported my number from lycamobile into this ee sim about a month ago or so. 
The device is Honor View 20.

Cheers

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the sender, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dilentulcidas

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus who can check your account and make sure everything is set up as it should be.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Dannyweir1913
Visitor

Hi,

i have been been having the same problem, ported from O2 and now unable to receive authentication codes.

any help much appreciated 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Dannyweir1913

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions