Highlighted
by Markjl91 Investigator
Investigator

I can receive texts but can't seem to send them?

Since I installed the new Samsung one ui, I'm unable to text people but. I have receive texts with no issue. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Markjl91 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: I can receive texts but can't seem to send them?

I've discovered the solution. It seems to be Spotify that's the culprit. It's a Samsung issue with the new android update. Go to settings > apps > Spotify > force stop. Problem solved! 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

For sending texts, check your phone has the Message Centre no. for EE as +447958879879.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Markjl91.

Let us know if the Message Centre number fixes this for you, if not we can certainly try to assist you further 🙂

Jon

by Markjl91 Investigator
Investigator

Hi so I've changed the message centre number to +447958879879 but my messeges still aren't sending. I've downloaded a new messaging app from the play store and that's working fine . With that said,  I'd much rather use the stock messaging app. Any ideas of what u think the issue is would be great . 

by Markjl91 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

I've discovered the solution. It seems to be Spotify that's the culprit. It's a Samsung issue with the new android update. Go to settings > apps > Spotify > force stop. Problem solved! 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Markjl91,

I'm glad you managed to get this resolved!

Thank you for posting your findings here on the community to help others with the same issue 🙂

Hope to see you back soon.

Alex 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.