by StevieM Investigator
Investigator

Huawei p20 Pro mate

I have just upgraded to a Huawei p20 Pro mate and was wondering if you can pin a text message to the top of the list ? (My Mum passed away recently and I don't want to lose messages I have on my phone) 

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Huawei p20 Pro mate

Dunno the answer to your Q but your best bet in preserving your texts is to see if Huawei have a program for copying the contents of your phone to a PC, like Samsung do with their Smart Switch. Might be called Huawei Data Manager.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @StevieM,

If your device has the option of being able to pin messages, that would be a great idea having just lost my dear mum recently too! 😞

You should be able to use a file folder or cliptray.

Kind regards

mAh8v

by StevieM Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply xrayspex 👍

by StevieM Investigator
Investigator

Sorry to hear that mAh8v, I was able to do it on the Samsung s8 but just unable to find the option on this new phone .

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @StevieM,

Even though I don't have a device like yours! The feature should be there somewhere!

It might be best to wait and see if someone else can guid you!

Sorry if this doesn't answer your original question!

Kind regards 😊👍

mAh8v

by StevieM Investigator
Investigator

Hi mAh8v, here's hoping, thanks for taking the time to reply enjoy the rest of your day. 

Kind regards StevieM. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @StevieM,

I use the chrome browser

For pinning messages!

And just click & hold the "URL" in the address bar, that always brings up the cliptray!

mAh8v

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @StevieM

lol has you just posted your message, I was typing another one hehe 😆

You too, have a great day StevieM 😊👍

Regards

mAh8v

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @StevieM.

I know this is possible with the P10 Lite, by tapping the 3 dots icon, putting a tick in the selected box, then tapping 'pin'.

I am unsure on the P20, but if I manage to find out I'll be sure to let you know 🙂

Jon

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Jon_K,

And good moring to you😊

The would be a great help!

Thank you 😊👍

Regards

mAh8v

by StevieM Investigator
Investigator

Jon_k, much appreciated

Thank you

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions