by Jasminajafc
Explorer

How to find a deleted number

So basically I had a business text from a number I didn’t recognise, but my phone had crashed so I wasn’t able to keep the screen up long enough to take the number down, and wasn’t able to reply etc. 
long story short, nothing could be done so I’ve had to get a new phone. 
Is there any way I can get a list of incoming texts I’ve had over the past month so that I can try and find this number?

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How to find a deleted number

Hi @Jasminajafc

Welcome to the community.

Our Mobile Care team won't be able to provide you with the number of someone who sent a text message to you, unless it was chargeable.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you still have the old phone albeit broken? What phone is it?

With some phones you can connect it by USB to a PC & retrieve your texts, e.g. Samsung's Smart Switch or Keis

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jasminajafc
Explorer

I still have the old phone, it’s a IPhone 8. I tried connecting it to a computer when it broke but it wouldn’t connect as I needed to enter my lock screen code to authorise sharing data to the computer, which ofc I couldn’t do:(

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jasminajafc.

The passcode is needed for security reasons, which we can't get past without it being entered.

You could try getting in touch with Apple Support to see if they have any ideas on how to view the message.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions