by adtrix Investigator
Investigator

How do I stop MMS on my S9

I just got charged after accidentally selecting a contact and now have sent multiple MMS messages by mistake - I just wanna stop this from happening - can anyone help?

22 REPLIES 22
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I stop MMS on my S9

Try Message app Settings / More Settings / Multimedia Msgs / Set Restrictions / Restricted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @adtrix

Welcome to the community.

Has the great advice from @XRaySpeX, helped you turn off MMS within your phone settings?

Let us know how you're getting on 🙂

Leanne.

by adtrix Investigator
Investigator

Thank you very much - I've set it up and will test shortly.

by

Great @adtrix

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

by adtrix Investigator
Investigator

How can I when you've already charges me 4 x 60p by making an honest mistake - converting a contact detail into a MMS - frightening to touch - like most services they seem to be designed to annoy their users to help them

by

Welcome to the community, @adtrix.

Sending a contact as a message is classed as a multimedia message and not a standard text message. 

If you'd like to discuss the charges on your account further, I recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team.

They'll do their best to help.

Chris

by adtrix Investigator
Investigator

wow thanks for telling me something I already new and admitted to - condescending thanks

by

Hi there @adtrix

If you have turned this setting off within your device,  this will stop this from happening in the future for you.

If you would like to discuss the charges and see if our Mobile Care Team can help you with this, please give us a call.

Thanks, Leanne.

by adtrix Investigator
Investigator

I turned it off - andriod upgraded and it started happennig again 😞

it's EE i want to know if you can stop it?

Thanks

Adam

by

Hi @adtrix,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you made sure MMS messages are still restricted in your settings?

Thanks

James

by adtrix Investigator
Investigator

not sure, tired of being 'caught out' by whatever service wants to make my life more difficult. Messages should warn you about 'extra costs' and not send messages without notifying you of a change in medium- could be a good service to users as it happens with short codes - seems a way of extorting money for allowing the mistake to be made. No please with EE or the phone. I've turned off all settings when i last tried to resolve this and looks like the andriod update has wiped everything -dont know where to start now as whats the point if what I am doing doesnt stop it from happeneing (my first question seems to have not had a solution)

by

Hi @adtrix.

Did our Mobile care team offer you a spend cap?

This could stop getting charges outside of your allowance.

I'm sorry to hear the update wiped your settings, it can be set up again by going to the message app, more settings, multimedia messages, then set restrictions.

Jon

by adtrix Investigator
Investigator

Mobile Care team? Not had very good expereices calling EE - normally dont understand the question and provide stock answers. Too much time on the phone explaining faults/Issues. 

by

Hi @adtrix.

If you don't want to speak with our Mobile care team, you can either try adjusting your settings, or try managing Spend Caps yourself in your MyEE Account.

Jon

by adtrix Investigator
Investigator

I think everyone is missing the point - look how much time has gone into this... its cost me an hour, money and the instructions do not marry up to any menu on my phone - stock answers never work. Please give up trying to help - I;m just angry now, bored, time poor and will continue to assume these systems are a con.

by

Hi @adtrix.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Jon

by adtrix Investigator
Investigator

Where -to what? How do I find ot  - nothing showing up  - tim and time again - no thought for UX/UI - I have no messages showing on this community account.

Highlighted
by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@adtrix wrote:

I think everyone is missing the point - look how much time has gone into this... its cost me an hour, money and the instructions do not marry up to any menu on my phone - stock answers never work. Please give up trying to help - I;m just angry now, bored, time poor and will continue to assume these systems are a con.

The solution is convoluted. because different phone types and different messaging apps handle MMS settings differently. On my Lg5, I use the Messages App. I go into settings, advanced and then turn off everything related to MMS in every field there. There is no one definite do not MMS tick box by the way.

Check again in your settings. A software update wouldn't change your settings. But still check again.

Yes, we should be alerted by our phone if sending a message will or is likely to incur costs outside of our contract. This, I think, happens on my phone. But I and you and others still have to be vigilant of this. 

I'm a no nonsense savvy customer. This is why I'm with EE.
I've previously been with 121, T-Mobile and Orange.
by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

Post script to my reply:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/using-your-phone-features/why-are-some-...

Do challenge EE if you are certain that you got no warning on your phone. Or else challenge Samsung... I don't even allow auto downloading of MMSs in case something is embedded in the MMS. Plus, I don't want to receive photos! And like you I don't want to incur unnecessary costs so I'm careful now after previously having incurred MMS costs without knowing what the cost would be. 

I'm a no nonsense savvy customer. This is why I'm with EE.
I've previously been with 121, T-Mobile and Orange.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.