by Greeneyesmarg19

Had a fake text message saying it was ee

I had a text message from +447719325345 saying ee can’t process my latest bill and click on their link, no I have not.anyone else had this ?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Had a fake text message saying it was ee

Hi @Greeneyesmarg19 

If you had searched the forum you find many people have received this message. There isn't much EE can do as it comes from different numbers. You just need to be ever vigilant, but just remember EE would never ask you for personal information over text, or via a link.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Don't go there but what was the link?

Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bluefin71
Explorer

I've had three messages on SMS text in the last two days - just received another 5 mins ago and thought it's time to report it. Number is always different - this one was from +447926161731. Message: "EE require you to verify your account due to your account being flagged up by our security. Update via https://eehelpdesk.co.uk or your account will be suspended".

It's phishing/threatening/a scam. Do not fall for it. Do not click on link. If you're worried, go to your online account not on your phone but other device and login the way you normally would from the EE home page. Or dial 150 and report it.

So annoying - how do they get our numbers?!

bluefin71

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bluefin71 : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created today in USA.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Pippa87

I clicked on the link before thinking, but I didn't login, I clicked before I entered any details. Should I do anything to protect my account? I'm on the phone to ee now but I've been on hold for 10 minutes. 

by bluefin71
Explorer

Hi @Pippa87 - if you didn't login to the link after you clicked, you should be safe. You may see an increase of these types of text messages, however. Just ignore/delete.

Remember EE won't threaten to close your account or ask you to verify through text - is a good indication as to legitimacy.

As an added measure you might want to change your password on your 'real' EE account on this website (MyEE) to something more complicated. 

Please note I do not work for EE - I am a customer, but have IT experience enough to recognise dodgy scammers 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pippa87 : You're safe. Clicking on the link is innocuous in itself. It's giving them your personal info by filling in their forms that is dangerous.

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Greeneyesmarg19 and @bluefin71

Welcome to the community 🙂

Thank you for coming here to make us aware of the text you have received. I will pass all of the details you have provided to the relevant teams to investigate.

If you receive a message claiming to be from EE and you're not 100 % sure it's genuine, please send it to phishing@ee.co.uk for email or 7726 for texts. 

For more information please see How to avoid and prevent spam, phishing and fraud.

Alex 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.