Highlighted
by
Visitor

EE Photo Video Messafe - is it a scam?

Hi

I've received a message from one of my contact claiming I they've sent me a EE Photo/Video Message and to go to https://eeuk.mms.ee.co.uk/eeuk/ 

I then received a notification with a password attached.

Is this a scam?  My contact assures me that he has not sent any messages.  

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: EE Photo Video Messafe - is it a scam?

Never fear! That link is to a pukka EE page for receiving picture msgs for when your phone is not set up for them.

These are texts from EE notifying you that you have been sent an MMS & where to get it from. However they are sometimes sent by EE in error when no one has tried to send you 1.

For most phones, you can download the MMS settings needed from the online set up tool , so.you can receive MMS directly w/out going to EE's d/load site.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: EE Photo Video Messafe - is it a scam?

Never fear! That link is to a pukka EE page for receiving picture msgs for when your phone is not set up for them.

These are texts from EE notifying you that you have been sent an MMS & where to get it from. However they are sometimes sent by EE in error when no one has tried to send you 1.

For most phones, you can download the MMS settings needed from the online set up tool , so.you can receive MMS directly w/out going to EE's d/load site.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions