Highlighted
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Does EE have an SMS-to-email service?

Hi everyone,

I've seen several threads about email-to-SMS, but I am looking for the opposite: a service that would forward every SMS I receive on my EE number to an email address.

I am not looking for an app that would do this on my phone, my intention is to have EE forward the SMS themselves, even when my phone is out of reach or switched off.

Does EE provide anything like that?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does EE have an SMS-to-email service?

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

In a way, yes. You can't auto forward SMS to email unattended. However you can forward your SMS yourself to an email addy by forwarding it to a contact defined as an email addy. It will go as an MMS & therefore more expensive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX   Not with the phone off as mentioned.  So technically in a way not possible and it would need human interaction to work with the phone on and I don’t believe that @DonDino wants that interaction to have this work and they might as just well read the SMS on the device if it’s on and not incur the MMS charge. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, I mean you have to do it yourself manually.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@DonDino  The closest you can get to this would be via an app like IFTTT. 

AF8B345E-34D7-4DF4-971E-0038EF16EBEC.png

Highlighted
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks everyone and sorry for the late reply.

Yes I am asking about a service that would be provided by EE so that I could have this delivery when my phone is off, out of range or e.g. abroad and on airplane mode.

Thank you for the suggestions of IFTTT and the such, they are all great but not what I am looking for.

My main aim is to have e.g. banks and credit card companies able to text me when I am abroad (and not using EE due to cost), so that I can receive the text somehow and know they are trying to contact me, for example if they block my card to confirm a transaction.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions