by claireRich Contributor
Contributor

Re: Do I have to pay for using memojis

Is sending a Memoji from an iPhone to another iPhone via SMS non-chargeable depending on if the service is available on the recipient phone?

e.g. iPhone8 has Memojis, iPhone6 i don't think has, so is iPhone8 to iPhone8 Memoji non-chargeable SMS and iPhone8 to iPhone6 chargeable SMS (converted to MMS)?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @claireRich

If the message is sent via iMessage, you won't be charged, the message would be sent via a mobile data connection, the data used will be deducted from your data allowance.

If iMessage is unavailable this would be sent as a picture message and you would be charged.

I will double check about the iPhone8 to iPhone 6 for you, I will see if this would be chargeable and get back to you.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

by claireRich Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne_T

I'm clear about the rules regarding sending via iMessage, it is the various permutations about sending via SMS that are unclear so far.

Your colleague Jon_K has pointed out there are more factors to consider than just whether sending from an iPhone to a non-iPhone, e.g. emoji from standard keyboard is different to memoji, and is the service available on the recipient phone.

thanks. ...

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @claireRich

I think @Leanne_T was replying to your specific question about Memojis and whether they can be sent iPhone to iPhone (iMessage) regardless of which iPhone model.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions