by Andante Contributor
Contributor

Delay in putting photos on website

Over the past week my daughter has sent me many SMS messages with photos attached. It's the only way to get them off her ancient (pre-2007) phone (USB, Bluetooth, and email don't work on it).

The messages arrive at my Android phone, with a button to download the photo. If I click that, it indicates "downloading" for several hours, then stops with nothing apparently having happened. Then in a few cases a text has come telling me to pick the photo up from https://eeuk.mms.ee.co.uk/eeuk. I then do this on my laptop, problem solved.

But in most cases I haven't got that message, and the photo has not appeared on that website. I'm wondering if there is a delay in putting them there, maybe of 2 days, though that seems unlikely. Does anyone know if this is the case?

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Delay in putting photos on website

Hi @Andante 

How does she charge the phone if the USB doesn't work? Does the phone take a memory card? MMS compresses the picture, which degrades the quality.

Are you downloading over WiFi or EE Network? Have you enough data? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Andante Contributor
Contributor

Hi Northerner, thanks for your reply.

I'm doing this at home, within easy range of my wifi, with mobile data switched off. But don't SMS messages always come over the phone network? (Obviously the download from the website to my laptop is via my wifi.)

I agree it's a pity to be using MMS as it degrades the quality. But ...

… her phone has no SD card.

… its Bluetooth seems only to be there to connect to headphones – I can't see a function to send files via Bluetooth, like on a modern phone.

… she charges via a mains charger. It plugs into the USB 1.1 port on the phone, but the other end is a fixed mains plug, not a USB connector that can be unplugged from the charger.

I have connected her phone to my laptop using other USB 1.1 cables I've got, but Windows Explorer doesn't see it, and the phone shows nothing to say it's seen the laptop. I can't see any “use USB for file transfers” setting on her phone, like on a modern phone.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Andante 

What is the phone?

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Andante Contributor
Contributor

Hi Northerner,

Her phone is a Motorola. We can't see a model name written on it, and the user manual is long gone, but after looking at pics on the Web I'm pretty sure it's an L6.

Info given in the settings (if this helps) say the Technology is GSM 900/1800-1900 and the s/w version is R3511..G..OA.53.1AR

My Android phone that we're sending to is a Motorola Moto g(7) Power.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Andante,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you downloaded the MMS settings for your phone?

Thanks

James

by Andante Contributor
Contributor

Thanks James_B for your reply.

No, I didn't know about MMS settings. Should I do this on the sending phone (Motorola L6) or receiving phone (Motorola Moto G(7) Power?

In fact though, following your link, the dropdown doesn't include the L6

by

Hi @Andante,

This would need to be downloaded onto the receiving phone.

Thanks 🙂

James

by Andante Contributor
Contributor

Hi Northerner and James_B,

Looks like success. Now that I'm certain that photos arrive on https://eeuk.mms.ee.co.uk/eeuk/index_frames.jsp exactly 48 hours after being sent, she has sent all her photos, most have arrived, and I've downloaded them. I'm expecting the rest by the end of today. Also I read on the Web that MMS only compresses photos > 300Kb. The originals are all smaller than that, so no problem.

Just for future reference - James_B, to set MMS settings I needed to enable my account for Photo Messaging. To do that, https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/using-your-phone-features/how-do-i-send... said login to MyEE and go to Plan and Add-ons. But I couldn't see a Plan and Add-ons function anywhere. Can you tell me where it is?

Just for interest - I downloaded several utilities that claimed to handle a Motorola L6 from Windows: Motorola Media Link, Motorola Device Manager, and Xilisoft Mobile Phone Manager. None of them saw the phone, even though the phone said it was charging, so the physical USB connection was definitely there.

Anyway, seems like success now, so thank you both very much for your help

by

The My EE account online structure has changed since that help page was last updated, @Andante.

Tap Menu > Add-ons > Get more add-ons > Picture Messages.

Chris

by Andante Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Christopher_G.

I still can't see it though. I click Menu at the top left, it opens a fly-out menu that has "Active account single user account " at the top, then below that is "Switch account", then My EE Mobile, Top Up, Manage Device, etc. I can't see Add Ons on that menu.

by

Thanks for getting back to us @Andante

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

by Andante Contributor
Contributor

Hello Katie_B,
Thank you for your private message.

My mobile is ***** ******, but it's usually easier to get me on my landline, ***** *******.

I'm away all today and tomorrow, but you'd be welcome to get in touch on or after Thursday  (6th Feb). Any time after 10:00 a.m, though it's best to avoid 12:00 - 13:00.
Kind regardsAlan *****

Mod edit: [please don't post personal information on the community].

by

Hi there @Andante

Your response has posted in public so I have removed your personal information. 

Please send the required information via private message. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions