by matthewvic
Explorer

Currently abroad, can't send texts

I'm abroad (Georgia - country not U.S. state), and can recieve texts it seems, but not send them. I'm on PAYG, have credit, imessage is off, I'm a personal customer not business. Roaming is on etc etc. I'd rather get in touch with someone on a private chat or something rather than use a forum, but here I am. I need this resolved pretty quickly - thoughts?

6 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Currently abroad, can't send texts

@matthewvic  This is a public forum that has no account access and live chat is not available to PAYG customers so your only option to speak with customer services is to call them.  

You say you have credit and just to check that’s credit on your account to pay for the calls/texts  as you pack allowance doesn’t cover you there.

You are putting +44 or 44 instead of the 0 at the start of the number?  

Have you tried restarting the device?  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What exactly does texting AL to 150 report?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  probably reports nothing as texts can not be sent.  That’s the whole point of the post.  Lol. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B: Always a chance that free texts get thro'. LOL!

@matthewvic: However it is doesn't look in your MyEE to see how much credit you have.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by matthewvic
Explorer

Thanks for the replies so far, appreciated alot. Tried all that, no luck. Have over £15 in credit (not on any packs etc). I can't call either it seems. Cheers for your help so far anyway Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @matthewvic.

Can you receive calls or are you unsure?

Hope to hear back from you soon Smiley Happy

Jon 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.