by davey_b
Explorer

Cannot receive sms from multiple sources after switching to sim only account

Hi team,

I've read through similar postings on this topic but I haven't found any that cover my specific issue. I have been a customer of EE for many years, and recently switched to sim only as I purchased a new handset. Since putting my original SIM in my new handset, I am no longer receiving SMS messages from multiple sources - in particular, the verification code to set up internet banking (HSBC) is not coming through, which is obviously a significant issue for me. 

I have rebooted the phone several times, I have tried disabling iMessage (the handset is an iPhone Xs) and nothing is working.

Please let me know how I can resolve this - the only thing that has changed is the handset, my number (indeed my SIM card) are the same and they were working fine on my original handset.

thanks

David.

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Cannot receive sms from multiple sources after switching to sim only account

Good Morning @davey_b.

Welcome to the community 🙂

Are you able to receive standard text messages?

Have you reported this with our technical care team?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by davey_b
Explorer

Re: Cannot receive sms from multiple sources after switching to sim only account

Hi Katie,

I can receive standard text messages, and some verification texts have come through; I had to get HSBC to verify via post as theirs definitely weren't coming through to my phone.

I haven't yet reported it to technical care, I was hoping it was a simple solution I could apply myself (I tried restarting the phone and disabling/enabling iMessage but that doesn't seem to have made any difference).

I will raise a case with technical care now.

thanks again

davey_b.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to us @davey_b

Please keep me updated with how you get on, 

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.