Make your house a smart home - with help from EE
by RJG

70012047 is this a scam?

I am being charged for texts from 70012047. I think they come up as 80206 on my phone. I started getting these texts when I switched to a business account. Is this a scam? How can I stop it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 700012047 is this a scam?

These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

The PSA has the following information about shortcode number:

80206, Keyword - STOP PLAYMANIAX

Customer care number: 0800 151 2392 
Customer care email: uk@playmniax.com 
Customer care website: http://www.playmaniax.com 
Search result provided by: Mobile Minded BV 
Service connected on: 25 April 2016 
Service terminated on: This service is still operating 
Name of service: Playmaniax 
Type of service: Entertainment - non-adult 
Service description: HTML 5 games portal with over then 60 games 
How much does this service cost? First 24 hrs free and then 2.99 GBP per week, automatic renewal 

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider: Mobile Minded BV

Meander 251
Arnhem
6825 MC 

You could try texting STOP to the number, but it may cost and may not work. 

You should also ask EE to block Premium Rate numbers so this doesn't happen in future.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 70012047 is this a scam?

Hi and welcome to the Community @RJG

Please do give our Business Customer Services a quick call and they can place a premium charge bar onto your account to stop any further charges.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's not a phone number, it's a service ID for a third party charge. You can check these at http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/billing-and-payment/your-bill-explained/third-p...

The number you checked belongs to:
Short code number:80206
Service description:Various Information On Demand (IOD) services & opt out short code for various online subscription services
Contact details:01604498989 or cs@infomedia.co.uk

This service is provided by Infomedia Services Ltd and managed by Dialogue Communications Ltd.

Any queries (including questions about billing or charging) should be directed to the contact details above

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

The PSA has the following information about shortcode number:

80206, Keyword - STOP PLAYMANIAX

Customer care number: 0800 151 2392 
Customer care email: uk@playmniax.com 
Customer care website: http://www.playmaniax.com 
Search result provided by: Mobile Minded BV 
Service connected on: 25 April 2016 
Service terminated on: This service is still operating 
Name of service: Playmaniax 
Type of service: Entertainment - non-adult 
Service description: HTML 5 games portal with over then 60 games 
How much does this service cost? First 24 hrs free and then 2.99 GBP per week, automatic renewal 

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider: Mobile Minded BV

Meander 251
Arnhem
6825 MC 

You could try texting STOP to the number, but it may cost and may not work. 

You should also ask EE to block Premium Rate numbers so this doesn't happen in future.

by bruceuk Investigator
Investigator

Re: 70012047 is this a scam?

Just received the same text .... and I did NOT click on any link.

When I sent the STOP I was warned I will be billed for the STOP text... this is fking rediculous.

"Clicking a link" is a bullsh!t response anyway, it is not possible to match your mobile number to your IP address by simply clicking on a link..... this is FRAUD and involves EE or somebody inside EE

My conclusion:

There is no "link" , the "throw back scum" are simply using lists of mobile numbers and claiming you signed up knowing EE will play along. Any internet log proving your signed up will be a forgery.

There are various seperate threads for the same problem. Everybody needs to come together and lodge a class action against EE. It was EE who invoiced you, so the "contract" is between you and EE, nobody else.

Same Issue:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/My-bills/playmaniax-unauthorised-subscription/td-p/382273

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Texting-and-messaging/70012047-is-this-a-scam/td-p/524496

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/My-bills/playmaniax-unauthorised-subscription/td-p/382273

EE Needs to wake up and protect their brand.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.