by stiej1977
Explorer

Search/Catchup feature

Hi I'm a new EE TV customer. I've come from talktalk. my talktalk box went slower and slower until it performed nothing whatsoever. they would never send me a new box, so i left and joined ee.

Now i have EE, i find that unless im doing something wrong/missing something, that the Search functionality seems to never bring back much results. My talktalk, was excellent in searching - it would search all on demand players, your recordings, past 7 days guide, current day programmes and future programmes, and the streamed channels (e.g Boomerang/Disney XD Junior/etc) and lumped it all together in one search result so you didnt have to care about where a programme actually would be found, you just searched for it and watched it. also the guide could be scrolled backwards, so any day in the last 7 could be gone to and a programme chosen to wacth. not all programmes could be played, but most were.

my ee seems to get no where close to that level of catchup. it seems bothered no more than to record the last 24 hours of some channels (a miserable amount compared to what i could catch up on with talk talk). and a compromise has to be made if you want to record HD channels that you can catchup on even fewer channels compared with SD channels.

you can't go back through the guide beyond rougly 24 hours.

the search brings back future programmes, and only what recorded in the replay/24hours thing. i think.

am i missing something, or is EETV a pile of rubbish? i think so, at this moment in time, compared with talktalk (when the box was responsive).

I'm currently thoroughly unimpressed and feel cheated by EE if the above is the case. and mis-sold.

also some recordings have skipped a few minutes when watching the programme.

additionally, when films are broken up in the guide into two bits, with a news programme inbetween (mainly ITV), although the guide shows it will record both halves of the film, i've missed out on the second half of a film i set to record recently. it didnt record the second half.

I am most unimpressed by my choice and totally regret moving to EETV. unless anyone can say im doing it all wrong and missing something.....

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Search/Catchup feature

Good Morning @stiej1977.

Welcome to the community. 

You can see full information about the search function on our EE help page.

In regards to not recording your full movie I would recommend giving us a call so we can look at this further. 

Please keep me updated on how you get on, 

Katie 🙂

by stiej1977
Explorer

Thanks for the link to the help page. It confirms my suspicions that EETV search and catchup features and useability are rubbish and nowhere near as comprehensive and helpful as TalkTalk. I regret moving to you guys and will be leaving as soon as I can. I feel missold as the product is not explained clearly at the point of sale that the search and catchup features are as restricted as they are. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @stiej1977

I have sent you a private message for some further information. 

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.