by sbirks Contributor
Contributor

Recordings not showing in EE TV app (2 devices) but are showing on EE TV Box

Hi, I have EE broadband and EE TV. I have the latest EE TV app installed on both my iPhone and iPad. Everything has worked fine for approx 9+ months.

Recently the device app’s show 0 recordings available 61% free space, although when looking directly on the EE TV box (from my tv) there are 109 recordings, 61% free space, all displaying as normal.

I have double checked that ‘All recordings’  is selected but as I’m the only user in the home all settings are as expected, even when I select something else then re-select 'All Recordings'  or change from 'Date' to 'Category' nothing shows.

ee tv.PNG

So I have rebooted both the EE Broadband router and the EE TV box, then also uninstalled, restarted devices, reinstalled & re-paired the app on both devices. They still show no recordings but 61% free space with no shows actually displaying. The menu offers ‘All Recordings’ or ‘Scheduled’ but nothing shows when selecting ‘All Recordings’.

I have followed ‘Check your Hard Drive’ as per here: https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/home-broadband-ee-tv-home-phone-and-4gee-wifi/support/how-can-i-fix-r... 

I then also ‘Reset Settings’. This without warning deleted all my scheduled items so I’ve hopefully remember and reapplied those, however it’s not enabled the device apps to show recordings.

Power supply & tv aerial are always connected.

Recordings on EE TV box viewed on tv are always still there and working normally. I can start something on there then 'Fetch' it to my ipad however this defeats the mobile functionality of the app!

I did not ‘Reformat your hard drive’ as it warns this will delete all recordings and I do not want to lose everything as it works ok on the tv, just not devices anymore.

The functionality offered within EE TV was better than regular Sky. I have been delighted with it, however this loses the key functionality I chose EE TV for. I regularly use ‘Replay’ and ‘Flick & Fetch’ when moving around the house, as well as watching recordings directly on a device using the app, more so than watching directly on tv. However these are no longer working so I’m keen to resolve these issues asap as I'm paying for these services.

I’ve searched and read several of the related posts already in the community but nothing I found and tried has solved my problem and hoping someone will be able to help me please.

Thank you in advance.

17 REPLIES 17
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Recordings not showing in EE TV app (2 devices) but are showing on EE TV Box

Hi @sbirks.

Welcome to the community.

Has this worked on both the iPhone and the iPad at the same time in the past?

Have you contacted our Broadband Tech team about this?

Hopefully another community user will be able to share their experiences with you too.

Jon

by sbirks Contributor
Contributor

Re: Recordings not showing in EE TV app (2 devices) but are showing on EE TV Box

Hi @Jon_K  , thanks for your reply, yes it was seamless across both apps and box before, always has been up until recently. I haven't yet contacted the Broadband Tech team but will do on Tuesday if no-one here can resolve, is that the right team for a EE TV app issue (everything is operating as normal with my broadband, this is specific to the EE TV app)? Thank you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The BB Team covers BB, landline & TV (app & all). They are all part of the EE BB Product. There is no other team.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by sbirks Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks, will give them a call if no-one on here can help solve beforehand. Thanks again, much appreciated.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I have had this for several months, where I cannot see any of my recordings on both the I-Pad and I-Phone, but thought this could be because I am on beta, but it seems this may not be the case and the apps need updating, by the sound of it.

by sbirks Contributor
Contributor

Reassuring to know I’m not the only one thanks, but very disappointing to hear they haven’t fixed it in all that time. This is key functionality that I only chose EE TV because it has this.

Do you guys know how regularly they update the iOS apps? Thanks.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sbirks   The EE tv app hasn’t been updated for 2 years now.  And it really needs updating.  I’ve mentioned this before now but unfortunately it’s fallen on deaf ears.   If it’s only just stopped working for you you’ve been lucky as I’ve never had it working since I moved to EE tv. ( 8 month now) 

by sbirks Contributor
Contributor

Today I rang and the Broadband Tech Team say no-one else has reported this issue, so if anyone else does experience it, I recommend reporting it so they can gather more data on the bug. The lady I spoke to went through some initial, "Have you tried this, have you tried that?' questions and then logged a call with their Service Desk. She advised she expects a response within 48 hrs and will call me.  Fingers crossed!

by

Good Evening @sbirks

Thanks for coming back to let us all know, please be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

Katie 🙂

by sbirks Contributor
Contributor

Hi, the EE TV app on both devices is now showing my recordings again (as well as continuing to show directly on the EE TV box) and seems to be working as before. A fantastic lady called Dee kept in touch after logging my call with service desk and then all of a sudden they appeared! So not sure what EE did to fix it but thank you all the same 🙂

by

This is great news @sbirks Smiley Happy

Hope you are enjoying your bank holiday.

James

by sbirks Contributor
Contributor

The problem is back 😞 It worked ok again for few days but has gone back to the problem of not showing any recordings on device app. I tried to include a photo to show the problem but it won’t let me post. I’ve also contacted the Broadband Tech Team to reinstigate their investigations 😞

by

Good Morning @sbirks.

Thanks for reporting this to our Technical Team again.

Did they give you any indication how long an investigation could take?

Are they getting back in touch with you?

Jon

by NDH

Hi, I have exactly the same problem.

the EE tv app on my IPad does not show recordings, it shows the space available but says no recordings even though they are there when I look on my tv.  If I watch a recording on my tv, while I am watching it appears in recordings on my iPad  and stays until I close the app and it is then gone again. I have rebooted, reset, reinstalled, disconnected and reconnected to my WiFi with no success. There have been short periods of time where it seems to work and all recordings are visible in the app, but it doesn’t last for long.

i recently had to change my EE tv box for a different reason and the problem is the same on the new box. It is also the same on 2 different iPads and an android phone, so I think it is either an app problem or a software issue in the box.  It did used to work fine, so I guess it is a problem with an update.

i wonder how many others have this problem, as this is a key marketing feature of EE tv, clearly the service is not delivering on its promise.

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @NDH ,

Welcome to the community,

You are not alone, as I have exactly the same problem on both the I-Pad and I-Phone. I am using beta, but as you are having the same problem, then it is nothing to do with that, and must be a software problem either on the box or the app. 

There has not been a new update with the app for a couple of years now, I believe, so could be that or it is the software on the box, that has the problem. 

Hopefully this will get looked into and there will be an update. The guide seems to work, but not the rest.

by Thetrundle

I called EE this morning and they told me that EE no longer had a licence agreement with the content owners to allow this feature to work. I complained that I had not been told this and they apologised saying I should have been told. However I see this feature still on the EE website and mentioned in many places. Surely the are selling EE TV under false pretences.

I will complain to Ofcom as this just seems like a lie.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Thetrundle : OFCOM do not handle individual complaints. In this case it is a matter of contract in which OFCOM are not concerned.

You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form at the foot of the page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.