by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Plex

I am unable to stream any video content, either locally or remotely.

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Plex

Hi @Colourzen

Have you set Plex up correctly?

• Are you using a VPN?
  • Is this an EE broadband/router issue?

Can you provide some more information.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I believe I have setup Plex correctly on the EE TV. I have no issues using Plex on other devices, including Windows 10, Android and Samsung TV.

There's no VPN in use.

I have tried both a HG635 and an EE Smart Hub connected via PPPoE to a MT992. I'm unable to test a non EE broadband connection, as the EE TV cannot call home, therefore refuses to open applications.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

EE TV does not work remotely, you have to be at home to use it, does not work on the go, has not done so for a long time, this was stopped.

It has to be connected to your EE broadband at home, check the terms and conditions and help for that, you cannot connect it to a non-EE broadband, it will not work.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Sorry, think some things have been misunderstood schockwave.

I am unable to use the Plex app on EE TV to play video content from either a local Plex server on my internal network, or an external remote Plex server outside of my network. This is while connected to EE Broadband, tested with both the EE Smart Hub and HG635, using wired and wireless connections. I only mentioned that I could not test alternative broadband connections, inorder to rule this out as a troubleshooting step.

However I believe this is a problem with EE TV, rather than the broadband connection or router.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Colourzen< although I have never heard of Plex, but you cannot add an app to the EE TV, if you have a modern TV, then possibly you can add it or get the app on your TV.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Colourzen,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community. Smiley Happy

I'm not aware of any known issues with the Plex app for EE TV.

Have you tried asking the Plex Community to see if they have any ideas?

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks James, this will be my next step.

I decided to try here first due to the Plex app being advertised under the EE TV section of the EE website. Sadly if the app does not work, it should not be advertised. Hopefully my issue is an isolated case, and it will be able to be resolved either on here, or over at the Plex community.

by

No problem @Colourzen

Please let me know how you get on.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Schockwave: OP is running over EE BB Max (G.Fast). Hence the need for the G.Fast modem.

Plex is 1 of the on-demand apps available on EE TV. It is a client to a desktop media player server running on PCs & NAS (in a nutshell Smiley Wink)..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Thank you @XRaySpeX, as I had never heard of this, I understood the OP wanted this to work with EETV also whilst not at home, so some misunderstanding on my part, you learn something new every day!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Nor had I until I looked it up, with difficulty, on EE website + Wiki.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Plex can be quite a handy tool for those interested in media servers and the like, I was also late to the game.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@James_B I have had no look over at the Plex forums. Would someone at EE be able to look into this for me? Thanks

by

Hi @Colourzen,

Thanks for the update.

Please get in touch with customer services and our technical team will be happy to look into this for you.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.