by Rachel-twin

My box won't let me record or anything. Saying about hard drive

My box has been turning it's self off and on past two days. Now won't let me watch recordings or record. Saying about the hard drive ?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My box won't let me record or anything. Saying about hard drive

What about the hard drive ? Maybe it's faulty & you'll need to phone EE for a replacement.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@XRaySpeX wrote:

What about the hard drive ? Maybe it's faulty & you'll need to phone EE for a replacement.

@XRaySpeX, will EE provide a new one?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: No guarantee but they own 'em.

May I ask whether it's really necessary to fully quote the post you are replying to when, as here, it is obvious? Even when you do, it's clearer to quote just the point you are addressing. If you don't mind me pointing this out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@XRaySpeX, fair point. I'll keep that quoting thing in mind for the future. 

Oh, and the reason I asked about whether EE would pay for a replacement box or not was for thet OP and also to see whether it was the same answer as I might get regarding a Sky or Virgin replacement box. It seems it is. It would be a matter of asking each. I think if you are early in contract it might be replaced for free. Or if you you are a longterm customer on a reasonable sized TV tariff. But when outside of contract, on a rolling low tariff I wonder if an upgrade might be required, - that upgrade being a recommitment to a new 12 month term, etc, possibly on a higher tariff. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As EE own the EE TV box & only hire it to you & EE are the only official source of them they will replace faulty ones w/out any further conditions.

EE TV terms and conditions:

5. Returns and Repairs
b. We will repair or replace the set-top box if it becomes faulty, unless you leave us at any time or you are responsible for the fault.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.